Thread: Jerky/Pemmican suggestions page

AlexK is offline Junior Member

Jerky/Pemmican suggestions

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been really really wanting to try out some home-made jerky and pemmican, but I have neither the time nor the necessary kitchen space. Anybody have any suggestions out there for primal friendly jerky and pemmican for sale? All the jerky in the grocery store, naturally, is loaded with corn syrup and other stuff I'd prefer to avoid.

Thanks in advance!

ericfoster3 is offline Senior Member
    The best all-natural jerky I have tried is Chip's American Jerky (http://www.chipsamericanjerky.com). It's beef. I also tried a buffalo jerky recently, but I forget the brand name...sorry.
    Last edited by ericfoster3; 09-21-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Jimmy B is offline Junior Member
    Try some of this stuff: http://ajjerky.com/index.html

I've met Andy (the "A" in A & J) and been to the facility where they make the stuff. He's a stand up guy who's proud of his product and definitely knows how to make some tasty jerky. I've tried the original, mild, and spicy versions and loved them...not sure if I could handle the "fire". Another plus is that they use Australian beef which from what I can tell is from pastured cattle. It's also less than half the price than the Chip's American. Man...they are gonna owe me some free jerky after this plug.

Anyway, I'm a jerky fanatic so let's keep this thread goin. I need some more variety in my jerky selection.

beccakehoe is offline Junior Member
    Jacked Jerky

Seriously, the best beef jerky I have ever had. Order some online and it will be at your house in like 2 days. SO FREAKING GOOD.

They use grass fed beef, homemade spices and they hand cut and hand pick all the jerky.

You're welcome <3

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    US Wellness sells primal pemmican. I have some at home. Can't say I would opt to eat the stuff in a non-emergency situation but I do plan to toss it in my pack when I go snowmobiling this winter as my just in case. The flavor isn't bad (a bit bland).
    U.S. Wellness Meats — Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Just take a look around your grocery store or an ethnic one... I have no patience to make my own but I did manage to find one that's paleo.

Beachbrat is offline Junior Member
    Epic protein bars, you can get them online. It is really easy to make jerky at home, especially if you have a dehydrator. Jerky and dehydrated fruits are great to have on hand for busy days, to take to work, or when traveling.