Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So eating paleo is now a fad? page

PoeticPixe is offline Member

So eating paleo is now a fad?

Primal Fuel
    I'm noticing chatter, on various social networking websites, pertaining to the paleo way of eating. Mostly since the new year started, heh. While it's great to see it's becoming a little more mainstream (seemingly), at the same time, it's bringing out ignorant critics. For instance, I saw someone on Facebook inquiring as to why everyone is posting paleo recipes. They asked if it really is a healthier way to eat. Another person snapped, "It's just a fad, it will pass." This isn't the first time I've heard someone say this.Why does it annoy me so much?! Maybe because this is the way we're meant to eat, and it's not fleeting ( I did say that to them). I also contacted the original poster, as they were interested in eating healthier. The real deal. Not the conventional "healthier." Anyway, that is all. I seriously dislike this way of eating being called a fad. I'll get over it.
    Sleep is the best meditation.
    - H.H. 14th Dalai Lama

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    It is the big excuse people have been using for a while now. Just remind them Paleo for hundreds of thousands of years, grains for 10,000...hmmm I wonder which is the fad.
    Not to mention modern grain consumption less than 40.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    As my signature says......
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    It is the big excuse people have been using for a while now. Just remind them Paleo for hundreds of thousands of years, grains for 10,000...hmmm I wonder which is the fad.
    Precisely!

@ Scott...nice sig ya got there. ^^
    - H.H. 14th Dalai Lama

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It could be a fad honestly, but for those of us who stick with it, it's a lifestyle. I suspect a lot of people will jump on the paleo bandwagon for the new year only to fall off. For those people, it's a fad.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    There have been so many diets over the years that its easy to call something new a fad, especially when it runs contrary to what the good old government recommends (lots of grains and vegetable oils!).

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I think it's great if it's becoming a fad. It won't take long for people to realize it brings results- and quickly- and then maybe we can get enough people to pay attention and to realize the current USDA Food Pyramid is killing us.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    I suspect a lot of people will jump on the paleo bandwagon for the new year only to fall off. For those people, it's a fad.
    This is a good point.
    I also feel it's a good thing more people are discovering paleo, so there's the positive.
    - H.H. 14th Dalai Lama

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    My stock response is, "Yup, it's been a fad for the past million years or so. Don't worry, it will pass soon."

SarahChzBurg is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I think it's great if it's becoming a fad. It won't take long for people to realize it brings results- and quickly- and then maybe we can get enough people to pay attention and to realize the current USDA Food Pyramid is killing us.
    I love that response! It's sweet. I hope so too - anything that can make more people aware of how much bad information we are given, especially by the US government, is a good thing!
    Sarah
    Primal on a budget in Sugar Land, TX
    SarahChzBurg's Primal Journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast