Thread: Primal = Less Funk? page

qurlybee is offline Junior Member

Primal = Less Funk?

Primal Fuel
    This is a super random (and pretty embarrassing) question but have you found that you smell less stinky since you've been primal?
    I just did a workout (and I usually smell like onion rings + sewage after a workout) and I really didn't smell all that bad!
    I'm wondering if it's a side effect of eating cleaner.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Yes, we noticed it too. In particular, my husband noticed it when he stopped using soap/deodorant and started using water/coconut oil.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Yes. Yes it is. I switched to using that crystal deodorant and no one noticed enough to tell me that they noticed.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Onion rings + sewage - that cracked me up!

I wouldn't be surprised if diet had an impact on your, um, personal scent. I knew a girl in high school who ate so much Indian food, she smelled like curry no matter what she did - like it was coming out of her pores! I also had a very overweight friend who lived on fish sticks and fast food, and she kinda smelled like a rancid deep fryer. Those might be extreme cases, but I think it counts as anecdotal evidence.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I think it has an effect on what bacteria thrive on your skin's surface, and the pheromones you put out there when your hormones are balanced. Just my thoughts on it, no studies to back any of that up.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Definitely noticed a reduction in body odour since changing my diet. I also never get morning breath in anymore!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Yes. My sweat smells less terrible now, and I can get by using unscented rock deodorant now. Before, on a junk food diet, even as a scrawny kid, I still needed the heavy duty deodorants.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

qurlybee is offline Junior Member
    Yay! Even better! I've always needed heavy duty deo too. I have also noticed that I haven't had to use as much too. Hopefully I can move to a more natural deo soon. I'll try it over a long weekend first though. Lol.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, I notice that I can easily go several days without deodorant and never exude an off-putting aroma... I don't use soap or shampoo unless I have been running my smokehouse (and I can't get the smell out of my beard).
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate