It's been a week of no sugar, and so far I feel great.

I started on the 1st, to keep track easier. I felt that January is the easiest month to go without sugar, because once February starts it's candy and sweets until at least July (my birthday month).

So far, I've noticed that my sex drive has gotten back up! This past year has been frustrating in that regard. It's not that I don't enjoy sex, the drive for it just went away and only came up maybe once or twice a month. So far this week, it's come up a few times. It's nice to feel normal again. I can only assume it's because of my decreased sugar intake--but it could also be because I'm also cleaning up my diet. While I'm still eating grains, like white rice and white wheat (sourdough bread), I haven't been eating as much fast food and crap food that I had been eating almost daily for months. Also, I'm sure the weight gain I suffered had an effect on my hormones as well.

I did some elliptical yesterday, about 20 minutes. It felt good to get moving again. I also lifted some weights; I need to tone my arms, that's where my biggest problem is. I look 30 pounds heavier just in my arms alone!! And while it's winter now, it will soon be spring and then summer and I will need to not wear long sleeves!

Today's Exercise:

35 minutes of running/walking
5 Burpees

Today's Food so far:
Breakfast--Homemade Abuelita Sopa de Pollo
Lunch--Two chicken drumsticks with carrots
Snackies--two separate cups of coffee, one with 1tb cocoa butter, one with 2tb half/half

We'll see what dinner is--we're going to my in-laws house tonight, so I don't have much say. Will definitely stay sugar-free, that's for sure!

I'm already hungry, I didn't eat as much for lunch as I wanted because I was a bit late eating it and had to go to work.