Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking health? Seeking sanity.... page

Mumdownunder is offline Junior Member

Seeking health? Seeking sanity....

Shop Now
    My story starts like most, was a happy skinny kid. Never thought about food unless I was starving and then I ate what was put infront of me. Grannies, aunties, uncles loved me as I ate with a hearty happy abandon.

But then I hit puberty and things changed. The year I turned 13 I suddenly became aware of food and how it affected me. I realised that after the summer holidays I was not longer fitting into my favourite jeans and that seriously freaked me out. And so started my long journey with my food addiction!

I spent my high school years in boarding school and to a certain extent it helped keep my weight stable. But the year I finished school I went overseas and the weight just piled on. Came back three months later 15kg(33lbs) heavier. And so I joined my first weightloss club. The weight just fell of me and three months later I was back to 'normal'. And that more than anything lulled me into a false sense of security. I'd spend the next 23 yrs dieting and yo-yo-ing desperately trying to regain my health and my sanity.....

And so starts my pale/primal journey. Second day, feeling good except for a suspected ear/sinus infection

But watch this space......

Had a pretty good day today. Not as strict as I should be, but considering what I'd been eating not that bad.

Bacon and eggs for brekkie.
    Salad, steak and homemade mayo for lunch
    Chicken stir fry and ��rice��.
    Two cups of coffee with heavy cream.
    Love my coffee machine, not ready to give it up just yet.

So started seriously gaining weight after having kids. What's up with that? What's with having kids that so fundamentally changes us. I have literally gained 2.5 kg for every year I've had kids. And every time I've managed to loose my weight always seems to go back to were I started that year. How bizarre!

Day 5 done. Wow can you really feel this much better this quickly. Sleeping loads better, more energy. Brain zaps every now and then though. I have been on an antidepressant for about a year. Helped tremendously when mum very unexpectedly passed away 28 Dec 2011. But had been feeling like I'm on autopilot, removed from what's happening somehow. So three weeks ago decided to ditch it. Feeling more "here" if that makes sense, but then also feeling more emotionally vulnerable. Find myself over analysing every situation. Hate that, drives me nuts!!

Was more adventurous to tonight with dinner. Baked butternut with rosemary, garlic, olive oil salt and pepper. Cauliflower with cheese sauce, sauce being butter, cream milk thickened with arrow root. Was soo GOOD! Scotch fillet and mushroom sauce. Love eating like this.

Also made "chocolate" today. Cacao butter, coco powder, vanilla, cinnamon, cream and roasted desiccated coconut. DH and kiddies love it. Must say, hits the spot.

Ended up not being able to sleep last night?? Finally drifted off at round 3am.But woke at 8:30 having slept really well and have not had a nap today.

Had the usual for brekkie, eggs and bacon. Had a group BBQ, so proud of myself. Loads of gorgeous salads and meat, but didn't give into temptation and resisted the mouth watering looking chocolate cake. Phew, that good've ended in disaster.

Winds come up, glory be that feels good. The heat has been terrible today. Cant wait to do better in the sun, definitely not my fav place.

So have been compliant a whole week. T's been a lot easier than I'd thought it would be. And I have lost weight. Down to 106kg. Ecstatic!!

I had hoped to start my exercise routine this morning, but it rained early morning and then the heat and humidity set in again. Ugh, hate summer! It's so dang hot all the time!

Been reading journals and recipes and success stories. So encouraging, and so many gorgeous people.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    good luck
    Where in Aus are you?

Thanx I'm in Perth.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hot over there right now?

Temp wise not to bad 34 today but humidity very high. How's Sydney been?

PrimalCon New York
    So day ten and doing okay. Had a mini break down on Sunday afternoon. Everything just suddenly got way to much. Had a call from my sister and it just all come flowing out. Had a good drizz and a couple of glasses of wine. Felt much better Monday morning.

Money's a bit tight at the moment, so lots of eggs and chicken. Seems so be the cheapest and loads of veg. Family not always to happy about that

I'm hoping to go 50g or less carbs for a bit and see if that wont help me loose a couple of kilo's quick and then get into homeostasis. Reset my weight, don't want to ever go back to 110kg. I was thinking 2 weeks 50g and then 2 weeks 100g. Hope that works.

Decided to get to bed earlier last night and no electronic devices in bed - iphone At ten lights out and slept like a baby until hubby woke me up slamming the windows shut and just stalking around the room. The one night I'm ready to actually sleep, he can't. Talk about Murphy's Law!

Slowly but surely making little changes, slow and steady won the race.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast