Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seeking health? Seeking sanity.... page 3

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    See there you go! You rock

Mumdownunder is offline Junior Member
    Been an absolutely gorgeous week. Weather has been idyllic, temp hovering round 28 - 30 everyday. Off to the park today, spend some time with good friends and adopted family.
    Had about eight very ripe bananas left, so made banana bread. Had a piece, big mistake. Have not had this bad stomach ache in ages. Has to be the wheat cos I've had sugar but had no adverse reaction. Wheat's from Satan, I'm sure someone posted.
    DH & DD doing so well eating primal. DH down from 98 to 91 in three weeks and daughter down to 56 kg. So jealous, my weight has bounced back to 110 and not budging.
    So trying to figure this out. I'm not sleeping enough and definitely going to bed way to late. fell off the bus big time Thursday re wine. So is it my liver, fatty liver maybe?
    I have read so much maybe to much, feel more confused than ever. Ugh
    Last edited by Mumdownunder; 01-18-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.
    Thomas Carlyle

stop reading, LOL it does the head in for sure.
    Can you track macros for a bit?
    I hated the thought, but its really helped me the last few weeks. Concentrating on lower carb, moderate protein and higher fat.
    Check out the eat moar fat thread, there is a guide to work out your needs.
    But the basis is your goal weight in kg = g of protein per day x 4 (to work out calories). That amount x 2 = fat g x 9 (calories), and the first number divided by 2 for carbs = g x 4 (calories). Then you can add up your calories.
    Hope this helps. This could be a starting point and you can adjust as you go, depending on what works. But I def suggest trying for a few weeks, and see if the scale budges then.
    Good luck

Wheat and sugar are evil

Thanx Ayla, will do that. I know that I'm just being impatient, it's taken me this long to gain all this weight and somehow I want it to be gone to quickly. Just being silly and of course it doesnt help that I sabotage myself the whole time i.e. banana bread last night Thanx for replying tho, really appreciate your support!
    Thomas Carlyle

I know, I hear ya too, I am the same sometimes
    The longer I went without the crap, the easier it is to resist it I am not perfect, but I never ever binge anymore, so that is something.
    Is your goal weight similar to mine? My fitness pal is pretty easy to track on.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    How great that your husband and daughter are changing to primal with you. It will make everything so much easier. It is frustrating for you that they are already seeing the results you want. But you are in this for the long haul (right) and in the end you will all be winners. You will all be healthier as well as stronger, fitter, slimmer etc.

Bananas are great for sweetening lots of primal recipes.

I like waffles. Blend 1 banana, 2 eggs, 1T cocoa powder, vanilla essence. Cook in buttered waffle maker and serve with berries and cream.

The same mix can be put in a greased mug and microwaved in three 30-second bouts for mudcake.

I also use them for cheesecake filling: Cream cheese, banana, berries and optional cocoa powder and blend with gelatine dissolved in a little water.

Or throw them in the freezer for homemade icecream. Blend banana, frozen berries and real cream. SErve immediately as soft=freeze or pour into moulds with an iceblock stick for a snack.

With treats like these you won't need to be tempted by banana cake.

And with all your family going primal you needn't have flour in the pantry at all. Cornflour is gluten free so can be used in a pinch for a little thickening.

maasa is offline Junior Member
    Hi there....I'm a week in now too...Aussie mum here with a lot to lose (or gain depending on how you look at it) . I look forward to watching your progress...it helps me along with a little moral support from WA ! Thanks for posting. Keep at it

Thx Annie for the helpful tips and encouragement. Thanx for dropping by Maasa, nice to meet a fellow Aussie mum.

Been awhile since updating my journal. Not been a good week, but not the end of the world. Stayed off grains and sugar, that's the most important thing. Will be be much better once the kids are back at school, roll on the 4th. Love my kids, but boy they are hard work. Need my routine etc etc.

Australia day is going to be a hot one here in Perth today. Everyone's already in the party mood. Beach packed and shark patrol coming over every couple of minutes. Lets hope its a safe and happy day. So to all the Aussies, enjoy your Australia day celebrations, keep safe and chat again soon.
    Thomas Carlyle

Its hot in Sydney today too.
    My big boy starts school on the 4th too, I am so nervous LOL
    Oh I knew there was a reason I was staying home today LOL. Being a kiwi, don't do anything for Aussie Day, and def stay at home.
    Hope you had a great day though

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123