My story starts like most, was a happy skinny kid. Never thought about food unless I was starving and then I ate what was put infront of me. Grannies, aunties, uncles loved me as I ate with a hearty happy abandon.

But then I hit puberty and things changed. The year I turned 13 I suddenly became aware of food and how it affected me. I realised that after the summer holidays I was not longer fitting into my favourite jeans and that seriously freaked me out. And so started my long journey with my food addiction!

I spent my high school years in boarding school and to a certain extent it helped keep my weight stable. But the year I finished school I went overseas and the weight just piled on. Came back three months later 15kg(33lbs) heavier. And so I joined my first weightloss club. The weight just fell of me and three months later I was back to 'normal'. And that more than anything lulled me into a false sense of security. I'd spend the next 23 yrs dieting and yo-yo-ing desperately trying to regain my health and my sanity.....

And so starts my pale/primal journey. Second day, feeling good except for a suspected ear/sinus infection

But watch this space......