Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking health? Seeking sanity.... page 2

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Opps missed your post.
    Sydney has been up and down. Crazy.
    Low carb could work for you, it does for me

Mumdownunder is offline Junior Member
    Yeah just been reading the "Eat moar fat" thread. Definitely going to give that a go. Been fasting inadvertently today, not feeling to great re stomach bug. So great lead into better protocol, 50g protein, 25g carbs and 110g fat, trying to stick to about 1500cal a day. Lets see what tomorrow brings

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Good luck, it sounds like you are off to a good start.

Thanx Annieh. Hoping for the best.

Yep def looks like you are on the right track
    You may find you can't reach that many calories, since the higher fat keeps going for longer, just try to listen to your body

Fail, Fail, Fail How to rail road your own weightloss efforts. And so much for good intentions and taking control. Completely and utterly lost the plot last night. Were only going to have a couple of glasses of wine, but ended up drinking way to much. And then ate rice.......rice for pete's sake!! Got on the scale this morning...... how to you gain back everything you have lost so far. FAll of the bus, big time.

Aw no, don't look it as a fail. Get back on track right now!
    Start again today You can do this!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    just try to listen to your body
    Unless it is begging for unprimal carbs like white sugar and bread, am I right? Then it can't possibly be right about what it wants.

Mumdownunder, sanity tends to be in short supply around here. Take the message of the book to heart, make your meals basically primal, but otherwise eat whatever you please. The only thing you can ever do with a diet is fail at it, eventually. So don't diet.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    Unless it is begging for unprimal carbs like white sugar and bread, am I right? Then it can't possibly be right about what it wants.

Mumdownunder, sanity tends to be in short supply around here. Take the message of the book to heart, make your meals basically primal, but otherwise eat whatever you please. The only thing you can ever do with a diet is fail at it, eventually. So don't diet.
    Yes. Because we know that shit is bad for us. The longer we are able to resist it, the easier it becomes to avoid it. The liberation of being able to eat just when hungry is incredible for those of us who have binged to the point of feeling sick for many years.

You are right about it not being a diet.

Thanx Ayla, realise that there will be many fail moments on this journey, guess it's how I deal with them that really matters.
    And Grumpycakes, thanx for stopping by. Yeah, this can not be a diet, been on to many of those and they never work.

The biggest reason why I have always failed in the past is cos I'm basically an "all or nothing" type of person. My philosophy has always been to do it right or not to do it at all. Wow, talk about setting oneself up for failure. I have gotten a lot better at accepting that being human means to fail. I'm not perfect, and to expect perfection from myself will lead to failure every time. As I sat here reading my post and seeing your comments I realised that I'm falling in to my old trap AGAIN of beating myself up for being human, making mistakes etc etc etc Have to break this very destructive way of thinking.

So hear goes. I am worthy, I can do it. I will fail sometimes and that's okay. I will cheat but my world wont collapse around me. I will pick myself up, dust myself off and go on. Ok, now to believe all of that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast