Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why arguing with 30bananas people is pointless... page

Kochin is offline Senior Member

Why arguing with 30bananas people is pointless...

Primal Fuel
    Before and After Becoming Low Fat Raw Vegan - 30 Bananas a Day!
    Apparently, she and those on the forum believe that she has improved. They seem to "understand" health VERY differently to the way we do. Oh, and there's this as a bonus too: Robb Wolf: "How come his wife Nicki Violetti is overweight?" - 30 Bananas a Day! Apparently building some muscle now makes you "overweight".
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

jakey is offline Senior Member
    what's it to you what s/he eats? bananas are a whole food. if it makes them happy, and saves more meat for me, i'm all good with it.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    what's it to you what s/he eats? bananas are a whole food. if it makes them happy, and saves more meat for me, i'm all good with it.
    It's just the fact that they start arguments on other sites about how "unhealthy" Paleos are. I'm showing an example of what they perceive to be "healthy". Pointless arguing with someone who's taking such a different angle to you on EVERYTHING.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    I'm sure this thread will pull in plenty of trolls from that crowd, but I after reading through some of comments in that post about Nicky Violetti I had to respond...

This quote from the big cheese on that site made me lmfao

"Im down to 62kg after having 30 days off the bike pretty much. I think I need to start adding in some more fats so people dont get too scared off by how lean fruit makes you in the long run.

Line up elite marathoners, meth addicts and long time fruit eaters and they all look pretty much the same. lol! Im not sure thats a good or bad thing."

and a response by another poster:

"Well, I'm not saying you look like a meth head HXrley, but if that's your current look, in the video, I'd guess you were in your late 40s and not eating much. What happened? Maybe it's just the downward angle of the video? :-/"
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    This is my go to site for info about 30bad.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Robb's wife looks like a very healthy and attractive woman--excessive leanness is not good for women and Freelee or whatever her name is looks like she could definitely stand to gain a few pounds. Not that she's not a hottie, but she'd probably be even better looking with another 15 pounds of meat (muscle AND fat) on her. And 10 more years of fruitarianism will probably age her by 25 visually.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    These women look grotesque, like ED patients. And the comments that follow are even more disgusting.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I think I remember Robb Wolf saying somewhere (twitter, maybe?) that Nicki Violetti is pregnant in that photo.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Excessive leanness.... is not the end for everyone who becomes a Vegan. There are a lot of fat vegans. Hell, there are a lot of lean SAD eaters for that matter. You can cherry pick both attractive and unattractive examples of any diet. Hell, my friend is vegan and she looks like a thick fireplug. Very fit, but stout. I have curves. The really thin woman eats a SAD diet.

Holy crap... I hate that super lean, gaunt look because it looks like hell when you age. It might look lithe at 25. And I hate men that look like I could break them.

I think all in all, the best before and afters are often of the people older than 50 on this site. Some of those have been amazing. I don't give a flying fuck what a 25 year old woman doing any diet looks like.... when I start seeing a bunch 55 and olders in bikinis that look amazing.... that just recently got in shape.... that's the advice I want!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

destructalux is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    It's just the fact that they start arguments on other sites about how "unhealthy" Paleos are.
    isn't that what vegans were put on this earth to do? jump up and down and preach low and behold to evil meat eating carnivores

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast