Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why arguing with 30bananas people is pointless... page 5

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    I wish I had a heap of white nectarines on my kitchen counter...

I went to her youTube channel and watched her video on a persimmon nog (persimmons, dates, coconut water/meat, spices). In her 'everything I eat in a day video' she says she eats a plate of 10 or so persimmons for lunch. Persimmons are my favorite fruit since I found them this year, but damn!
    HOLY CRAP. The amount of fiber in 10 of those should turn her inside out in the bathroom...
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Damn she's cute. I was infatuated the moment she pulled out the dates.
    Yes she's pretty cute, but too skinny to my taste! A few eggs, some milk and maybe a little fish in addition to her fruits/vegetables and she would look even healthier IMHO...

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yes she's pretty cute, but too skinny to my taste! A few eggs, some milk and maybe a little fish in addition to her fruits/vegetables and she would look even healthier IMHO...
    She's skinny, but doesn't look alarming like the girl in OP. She draws my attention away from all of that fruit, which says a lot.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

QueenOfTheDwarrows is offline Junior Member
    The amount of food in that Fully Raw video makes me sick. That's a week's supply of food?? And she's been doing it for 7 years?? such a waste. She could be eating much more nutrient dense food and not eat so much

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Raw vegans eats HUGE amount of foods per week:

Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    I am seriously shocked and saddened by the B&A photos of that blonde girl. She's wasting away like an anorexia victim and she's surrounded by people telling her she looks great. Poor, sad girl.
    She is very attractive, I don't know what your problem. Maybe that saying

"They only find what their looking for" is true for even the Primal folk. Why is it hard to believe so many people can be healthy without paleo/primal? Humans are the most adaptive species on this planet, yet so many still think humans needs a fixed of this and that for true health.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I said it before, I'd say it again - I would love to be able to eat like this, but yeah, I'd go fat and diabetic very, very fast. It is a great adaptation to have, to be able to eat all these tasty fruit and feel great. They look pretty happy, so why argue with them at all? ANd, if they start feeling sick, most of them will start eating some sort of an animal product eventually. I mean, lots of Primal folks barely touch vegetables or fruit, not that much less extreme.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Can you imagine the amount of food they must have to bring to work with them just to get through the day? Yikes! Lunch is an entire fruit platter? Can you imagine one of your co-workers eating that much fruit in the middle of the day like that?

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheDwarrows View Post
    The amount of food in that Fully Raw video makes me sick. That's a week's supply of food?? And she's been doing it for 7 years?? such a waste. She could be eating much more nutrient dense food and not eat so much
    I agree, that is a large influx of food. And she eats all that in one week? I don't know if I can believe that... Sadly their are few that attempt raw food diet that includes raw animal foods... Then she would have much less bulk. No because apparently killing for food is wrong, yet they take all the fruit they find and it will be ok...

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loneketo View Post
    I agree, that is a large influx of food. And she eats all that in one week? I don't know if I can believe that... Sadly their are few that attempt raw food diet that includes raw animal foods... Then she would have much less bulk. No because apparently killing for food is wrong, yet they take all the fruit they find and it will be ok...
    I find that's the "fruitarian/raw vegan" paradox. Many vegans could safely argue they're using less resources and killing less animals than meat-eaters. Especially if said vegans eat minimal grain, eat locally, eat seasonally and grow some of their own food. But fruitarian-style vegans are in a funny category.

As most of them can't eat locally (Wales, for example, isn't well know for bananas in Winter), they must buy supermarket foods. This means: animals are killed to create space for the crops, small animals and insects are killed by pesticides, animals are killed in harvesting, fish is killed in transporting it. Also, not eating seasonally or locally, they're using more fuel to get it home, leaving a larger carbon-footprint and altering the environment. Then factor in the fact slaves or ridiculously underpaid workers may have been employed, as most countries that can grow fruit in mid-Winter aren't exactly well-known for treating low-level workers well.
    Now also consider that, due to the sheer volume of food they're eating, they're actually consuming more resources than meat-eaters who eat corn-fed meats. (Most animals aren't fed the parts of grain used in human food anyway, but some vegans argue that the food put towards animals would've gone to feeding humans. HOWEVER, a fruitarian is eating four to five people's worth of fruit and veg at least. A meateater eating corn-fed meat, if you only factor-in the corn that was actually edible to humans, is using far less food-resources. A meateater eating pastured or silage-fed animals is using one person's worth of food.)

We have a group of people indirectly killing animals, exploiting workers, destroying forests, using up resources and leaving a carbon footprint. Yet most still think they carry the "Vegan Halo of Goodness" for not "endorsing" use and slaughter of animals. Not endorsing doesn't matter if your lack of "support" for the meat industry kills more animals than eating chicken thighs would.
    Last edited by Kochin; 01-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast