Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castor Oil to Re-Grow Hair page

geostump is offline Senior Member

Castor Oil to Re-Grow Hair

Primal Fuel
    I got a trim Friday and my stylist told me that I have a lot of spots where hair is missing on my head (my husband likes to twist my hair and pull the knots out, that is the cause of this). She recommended that I try castor oil to rgrow the hair that I've lost. I want to know if others have had success with this and if I'm doing this correctly. I've read where you need to mix it with a thinner oil like olive oil and apply it to a wet head.
    Georgette

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I've never heard of this...wouldn't it be easier to just ask your husband to stop pulling out your hair?

Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    I've never heard of this...wouldn't it be easier to just ask your husband to stop pulling out your hair?
    I have and have a reward system set up. He's been doing this the entire time we've been together which is 17 years so the damage is pretty extensive. My stylist doesn't even want my coloring my hair for a few months, its that bad.
    Georgette

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Errm punch your husband whenever he touches your hair?? lol

Anyway, I have read that castor oil can be good for hair regrowth. I tried it for awhile, but was never very good at persisting... and now I do CrossFit at 6am every morning, it's impractical to do at night because my hair would be a greasy mess each morning!

Actually, it dries well enough to where it isn't a greasy mess, just shiny as hell.
    Georgette

ItalianPaleoDude is offline Junior Member
    There's an Italian man who invented a gym to regrow the hair. The basic exercise is to to pull your hair in order to detach the scalp from the bone, which is the main cause of hair loss. For the ones who don't have (enough) hair to pull, the secret is to corrugate your eyebrows continuously and keep the position as much as possible, always leaning your head backwards or on a side (never ahead, since you need extra skin on the neck in order to corrugate well).

It's not something fast and you need to practice a lot. THe guy who invented this (passed away few years ago but with his head full of hair after having been pretty hairless for 50 years) was able to regrow all his hair in 6 months.

He also wrote a book but it's only in Italian. His name is Giovanni Serri-Pili.
    Last edited by ItalianPaleoDude; 01-09-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianPaleoDude View Post
    There's an Italian man who invented a gym to regrow the hair. The basic exercise is to to pull your hair in order to detach the scalp from the bone, which is the main cause of hair loss. For the ones who don't have (enough) hair to pull, the secret is to corrugate your eyebrows continuously and keep the position as much as possible, always leaning your head backwards or on a side (never ahead, since you need extra skin on the neck in order to corrugate well).

It's not something fast and you need to practice a lot. THe guy who invented this (passed away few years ago but with his head full of hair after having been pretty hairless for 50 years) was able to regrow all his hair in 6 months.

He also wrote a book but it's only in Italian. His name is Giovanni Serri-Pili.
    Thanks for this info - at first I thought this idea was totally wacko, but it intrigued me. Since a google search yielded all Italian language entries, I made my husband look into it (he's a native Italian speaker), and from what he was explaining, it seems like this crazy technique actually works. I'm contemplating getting the e-book and making him translate it for me,.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Thanks for this info - at first I thought this idea was totally wacko, but it intrigued me. Since a google search yielded all Italian language entries, I made my husband look into it (he's a native Italian speaker), and from what he was explaining, it seems like this crazy technique actually works. I'm contemplating getting the e-book and making him translate it for me,.
    I can *barely* read Italian. All I could glean from it is that you need to pull on your hair for awhile and it should work. I could either A) get all learned up on Italian or B) let your husband read the book and you could relay the info here. I have hair, it's just not as thick as it used to be when I was a youngin'.

Where did you find the ebook? I searched and couldn't find it.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    It is a traditional East Europenian method. The trick is not to expect immediate results. The Polish beauty experts (or an urban legend, lol) goes that you need to do it weekly for 1 year & then you will have a head of hair like a lion's mane (I am loosely quoting Ioanna Chmelevskaya here, a Soviet version of Evanovich of the Stephanie Plum's fame). I never managed a year, but a few months, yes. It always improves the appearance of hair, it grows thicker and darker. In particular, it helped me with hair loss after pregnancy. I am sure without castor oil I'd be bold by now.

The castor oil is also used by ladies to make eyelashes thicker and longer - I did it in my teens religiously.

The hair method: warm up about 1/4-1/3 cup of castor oil to a 'pleasant to handle' temperature (tepid). Rub it carefully into the skull and the roots. Wrap a newspaper and a towel - or just an old towel that you don't mind losing to this process tightly around to keep everything nice and moist. Have a leasury bath or do whatever works for you for 2-4 hours. Then break an egg, whip it with a fork and rub in - do it in the shower stand or in the bath, lol, it leaks! In a few minutes wash off everything with warm water gently. If hair fills oily, use another egg or egg yolk. Enjoy the shine and full fill the very next day!

But to achieve a really lasting results, yeah, you have to persist!
    Last edited by Leida; 01-10-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    I can *barely* read Italian. All I could glean from it is that you need to pull on your hair for awhile and it should work. I could either A) get all learned up on Italian or B) let your husband read the book and you could relay the info here. I have hair, it's just not as thick as it used to be when I was a youngin'.

Where did you find the ebook? I searched and couldn't find it.
    Here is a link to the e-book he found:

Mai Pił Calvi - Giovanni Serri Pili

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast