Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castor Oil to Re-Grow Hair page 2

ItalianPaleoDude is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, the method works, but you need to corrugate and pull your hair a lot. Not just 5 minutes a day. It's not only this then. In the book it explains several techniques on how to sit, sleep, he also invented a special chair to sit in a favorable position and a band to put around the head at night in order to keep detaching the scalp from the bone.

This guy was crazy about his hair.

I never met him but I know a person who met him once and explained all his techniques. Recently I heard that a guy managed to meet his sons but couldn't get much information.

In the book, he also says that this method cures psoriasis, dermatitis and other similar problems. Actually he states that psoriasis and dermatitis are the main causes of early hair loss. It means there's an inflammation until the point where the bulb is no more able to regrow the hair. But, at the same time, he was convinced that our bulbs never die. Not even when we get old. They get somehow in stand-by because there's not enough blood/oxygen, but through the exercises he explains, we can get the bulbs sprinkled again and our thick hair back. If you corrugate, also your eyebrows will get thicker.

So guys, don't stop pulling your hair !

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I have to admit, I'm really intrigued with this castor oil thing. I bought some today, mixed it half with coconut oil, and am beginning my experiment...

I read a lot of posts on the long hair forum from people who are using castor oil and have seen great results:

Castor oil for hair growth?

And this article by Mercola on castor oil was pretty interesting, even though I'm a little on the fence about him sometimes:

Castor Oil Uses: The Benefits of Using This Simple Home Remedy

If I can ever get my husband to translate that Italian e-book, I'll post a summary.

Every time l get frustrated with this forum, people go and post really interesting stuff I would have never thought of...I love it!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    It is a traditional East Europenian method. The trick is not to expect immediate results. The Polish beauty experts (or an urban legend, lol) goes that you need to do it weekly for 1 year & then you will have a head of hair like a lion's mane (I am loosely quoting Ioanna Chmelevskaya here, a Soviet version of Evanovich of the Stephanie Plum's fame). I never managed a year, but a few months, yes. It always improves the appearance of hair, it grows thicker and darker. In particular, it helped me with hair loss after pregnancy. I am sure without castor oil I'd be bold by now.

The castor oil is also used by ladies to make eyelashes thicker and longer - I did it in my teens religiously.

The hair method: warm up about 1/4-1/3 cup of castor oil to a 'pleasant to handle' temperature (tepid). Rub it carefully into the skull and the roots. Wrap a newspaper and a towel - or just an old towel that you don't mind losing to this process tightly around to keep everything nice and moist. Have a leasury bath or do whatever works for you for 2-4 hours. Then break an egg, whip it with a fork and rub in - do it in the shower stand or in the bath, lol, it leaks! In a few minutes wash off everything with warm water gently. If hair fills oily, use another egg or egg yolk. Enjoy the shine and full fill the very next day!

But to achieve a really lasting results, yeah, you have to persist!
    Really? Wow. I am going to start this tomorrow night after I get home from the bridal show I am going to. I know that just in the past week, people at work have told me that my hair looks thicker and fuller. I'll give this a go and see how it does.
    Georgette

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianPaleoDude View Post
    Yes, the method works, but you need to corrugate and pull your hair a lot.
    I found an English-language website that discusses exercising the frontalis and occipitalis muscles (forehead/back of head) to regrow hair. Apparently, the guy used these exercises to regrow his receding hairline. I wonder how similar it is to Giovanni Serri Pili's suggestions (I don't know if his main focus is on hairpulling, or if he also recommends exercising those muscles, too.)

My Approach

My Approach Continued
    Last edited by BestBetter; 01-13-2013 at 11:54 AM.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    I found an English-language website that discusses exercising the frontalis and occipitalis muscles (forehead/back of head) to regrow hair. Apparently, the guy used these exercises to regrow his receding hairline. I wonder how similar it is to Giovanni Serri Pili's suggestions (I don't know if his main focus is on hairpulling, or if he also recommends exercising those muscles, too.)

My Approach

My Approach Continued
    Grazie
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I have male pattern baldness myself(yes, I am a chick. Had high T for a period). I think I will stick with the castor oil and see how that works for me.
    Georgette

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12