Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this solving most of my problems? (My journal) page 2

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Alcohol & refined sugar are definitely "triggers" for me. I am not sure if wheat is specifically, since it's usually combined with sugar when I eat it.

I'd recommend reading the book "The Mood Cure" for a more thorough description of amino acids as supplements. I don't think I could really explain it well. It's by Julia Ross.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Just been looking at some videos with Julia Ross in, she seems like a great speaker on this subject and doing some fantastic work. I'll have a look at the book also, thanks.

Whoa! Somethings gone wrong on the nutrition fromt...having a wobble during the month of August....

Been feeling progressively better and better since going Primal last November. Hardly eaten anything outside of PB and been progressively losing weight and looking really good, then somethings gone (temporariy I hope) wrong.

After nearly 9 months of clean nutrition?? What the hell is going on??

Well, I went to a festival at the beginning of the month and consumed a fair amount of rum and coke, didn't really think much of it. Then a few days later I was out on a trip to wales and ended up eating quite a lot of sugary chocolates, since then I've recently also eaten a loaf of cheap white bread, and been eating fish and chips on occasion (not too much of a sin but it contains vegetable oils), buying and eating too much greek yoghurt and double cream (making my own chocolate mousse with whipped creama and melted 85% chocolate, and then eating ALL of it) then today I found myself pigging out on sugary food bought form the convenience store - biscuits, cereal etc.

Can someone please slap me so that I stop this now?

I've been enjoying the primal eating and feeling good so much, I don't know where this has come from.

I have, to be honest been under a bit of stress with regards to employment prospects and money in the last three weeks and this has probably caused me to seek some comfort eating, but seriously, I'm not even enjoying it. I always imagined if I was going to wobble, it would be a couple of macdonalds here and nothing too bad, but this is quite worrying and needs to stop.

I will be cooking a stew tomorrow, made with my favorite braising steak and will be making it as delicious as possible. Hopefully that will set me back on the right track.
    Last edited by Owen; 08-25-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Slap on the hand. You know what works, now go eat that steak casserole and get back on track. You can do it. One of the great things about this way of eating is that it is absolutely easy to readopt after a break, whether it was intentional or not.

And as for the fish and chips - I really cannot enjoy them now, the last time caused me bloating for two weeks. I suspect that in your case one not too bad thing has led to another and another and you have unfortunately succumbed to the stress and addiction side of things. But it is not the end of the world, each day is another chance to start fresh. Just stock up on the good stuff so it's there when the hunger strikes. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Slap on the hand. You know what works, now go eat that steak casserole and get back on track. You can do it. One of the great things about this way of eating is that it is absolutely easy to readopt after a break, whether it was intentional or not.

And as for the fish and chips - I really cannot enjoy them now, the last time caused me bloating for two weeks. I suspect that in your case one not too bad thing has led to another and another and you have unfortunately succumbed to the stress and addiction side of things. But it is not the end of the world, each day is another chance to start fresh. Just stock up on the good stuff so it's there when the hunger strikes. All the best.
    Ok so 48 hours have passed and I've been able to get back to my normal eating habits, although I am eating a fair amount of my favorites bananas and dates. Whatever it takes. They're not food without breaks. It was a lesson learned: a) I'm not infallible and can be drawn back into a sugar cycle. b) White bread really does screw me up - possibly more than anything else. c) You really do feel bloated and basically unhappy from eating bread and cereals.

So hopefully no harm done and I'm back on track. Its served to make me realize that I very much do appreciate how you feel when you eat real food - I've had a window onto my past there and it wasn't good.

Annie I'm tending to agree with you about the fish and chips, it wasn't the major treat that I thought it would be either. Fortunately I can cook, a joint on the bone, with some veg and a real gravy is in a different league to fish and chips.

This isn' t one for the ketosis beasts out there, but if you can get a large (cardboard) box of dates, i.e bought in bulk, before they've been messed about with by glazing/de-stoning - they really are superb eating, and so nutritious, high in sugar, but I find I will only eat four or five at a time and be satisfied.

Currently reading two books which tie in nicely with each other.

1) 'Salt, sugar, fat - how the food giants hooked us' by Michael Moss (no explanation needed on here)
    2) 'The Chimp Paradox' by Steve Peters - sort of a cognitive psychology book on managing the 'inner chimp',- in diet terms this refers to our addictive response to the foods Michael Moss addresses.
    Last edited by Owen; 09-07-2013 at 09:40 AM.

PrimalCon New York
    Getting better and better at morning starts. Opening my eyes and feeling positive regularly and find myself up and about before 9am whether I have to work or not.

I.e, body clock getting better.

Also now seem to be entering a new dimension with excersise - able to ride long distances without getting tired - able to go running in the forest with my minimalist shoes and keep a strong pace. Breathing and fitness feel good.

Very much enjoying the cooking and have also started a wild food blog on here as well.

Two weeks ago I realised that the next step is to become more sociable now that I feel so much better. There is support out there for me to access and I've decided to get this help to enable me to become more socially active. I'm not someone who craves society 24 hours a day but some social interaction is going to be a good thing.

Regarding my wobbly eating during august, this has definitely been reigned in - Paleo is back on 100%. Feel great again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12