Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekends are ruining my primal lifestyle? page

misterbulgarin is offline Junior Member

Weekends are ruining my primal lifestyle?

Primal Fuel
    The past few weeks my weekends have been pretty carby (cheats), this has left an effect on my progress I believe, so now im gonna maintain low-carb for the entire week (Except for Sunday roast). Enough is enough, wish me luck

The main thing i'm concerned about is when I go out binge drinking with friends to clubs. I was wondering how much a drinking session would reak havoc on my body and my primality, not that I fall into ketosis, but surely all them carbs from moderate drink will throw off my 'fat-burning-fuel-mode' each week? or once every two/3 weeks?

I can't give up drinking socially, being a 21 year old it just wouldn't be right. Not being funny or anything but when i'm a bit older, it won't be such a problem

At the time of writing I went out saturday night, and monday night , and im feeling pretty drained on tuesday morning. Thankfully not too hungover and DOMS'y after a workout on the same day as drinking (normally dont do that, hangover DOMS is the worst). Must of been all that tap water with each drink order

dfast is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbulgarin View Post
    The main thing i'm concerned about is when I go out binge drinking with friends to clubs. I was wondering how much a drinking session would reak havoc on my body and my primality, not that I fall into ketosis, but surely all them carbs from moderate drink will throw off my 'fat-burning-fuel-mode' each week? or once every two/3 weeks?

I can't give up drinking socially, being a 21 year old it just wouldn't be right. Not being funny or anything but when i'm a bit older, it won't be such a problem
    I don't mean to cause any offense, but I think that saying it 'just wouldn't be right' to give up social drinking as you are 21 is a bit of a pathetic excuse. Accept responsibility for your actions - binge drinking WILL be detrimental to any progress you hope to make. I'm 21 and also like to go out with my friends; exercising moderation is no big deal (you might evern earn their respect for it).

Alcohol cannot be stored in the body so must be 'burnt' first, meaning no, you will not be burning fat whilst you drink. Depending on how low-carb you are and then the types of drinks you binge on, you may be consuming quite a large number of carbs. Alcohol is also a hepatotoxin but I'm sure you are aware of the damage excess and prolonged alcohol consumption can cause.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Drinking isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sure, it was fun when I turned 21, but after the party was done... big deal.

Either you want to go out and party, or you want to live a healthy lifestyle. It's your priorities. You choose.

trigirl85 is offline Senior Member
    I'm 24 and stopped drinking excessively when I went out pretty much just after I turned 21 mostly because a) I hate feeling like a truck ran over me the next day and having to wait maybe 2 days before "bouncing back" b) It wasn't doing me any favors body weight/BF wise and c) I can have just as much fun with one (or now None) that I did when drinking and I can remember everything which is pretty amusing the next day when everyone else is a bit spotty on the details. Not to mention the whole point of this lifestyle is to nurture and sustain health for longevity and allow us to stay active for most of our lives in whatever way we want. Binge drinking on the weekends is a great way to shot all of your health efforts during the week in the back.

fragileknees is offline Member
    I started a Primal Journal yesterday because of this same issue. I am quite good during the week, but am prone to party in excess on weekends. I am hopeful that an online journal will increase my accountability. Perhaps we could buddy up and be accountable to one another? I see it as really just a priorities issue. Right now being healthy is a higher priority than getting my drink on. Now I just need to get the behaviors to follow the decision. I am getting married in 6 months and honestly, at 28, the hangovers get worse and the drinking is loosing its appeal. Happy to help if I can. Best of luck to you.

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Damn. Even when I was 21 I couldn't stand the binge drinking lifestyle that so many people chose. When I was a kid, my parents alwayed offered up sips of their wine or margarita so I suppose when I got older that drinking never had that trendy, rebellious appeal. Its a waste of time, money, and health.

-写

doghead is offline Senior Member
    Im 24, but since I was 21 or so, I have been enjoying going out drinking with friends. Not binge drinking though - I hate feeling hungover the next day, ruining a perfectly wonderful Saturday morning workout. Rid yourself of the "im 21 so I must be getting drunk" mindset, and just take it easy - just have enough to get a slight buzz going and call it a night.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbulgarin View Post
    So the social pressure to act like a typical 21-year-old is more important than your health? Please take a look at what you said and consider the inherent fallacy.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

suechef is offline Member
    Yup, it's a choice. If you do that type of drinking, the problem is that if you stop the drinking part but go out with your pals who ARE doing it, you will probably be bored senseless. I certainly was - I gave it up, because I developed a "problem", and had to find another circle of friends who had more diverse ideas of fun.

Mac
    Mac is offline Senior Member
    I find it a very sad, pathetic even, that people complain about not getting results yet refuse to take the known and necessary steps to achieve said desired results.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast