Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grok didn't wear clothes so why should I? page 3

Roxy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ah ha, busted talking about me while I'm not watching. I thought you're going to log your journal here

Because I think some of you would up to the challenge, try the steps I posted in the following thread and let me know how it goes http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread75304.html
    Roxy -- 41/4'10/102 F -- Yes, I'm a Computer Nerd and a Flamenco & Bellydancer!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74655-2.html
    Free Water Coach helps keep my water daily goal in check!
    http://facebook.com/roxyraqs (fun)

RandyStimpson is offline Member
    SKIN RASH

For at least 10 years I used to have redish dry skin on my ankles inspite of using lubriderm and aloe vera. Using Evening Primrose oil helped a little bit but wasn't a total solution. I started on a regime of 4 tablespoons of raw sunflowers seeds a day and noticed skin improvement on my ankles and all over my body. Then I switched to socks that didn't cover my ankles and noticed even more improvement. I started using a tanning bed for vitamin D and noticed even more improvement although I am not sure this really helped.

A few months after my ankle skin had reached perfection I started seeing that red rash again. That was about 2 weeks ago. Now its gone. In retrospect I think it was because I found this really delicious whole grain bread and has started eating two toasted slices a day of it with coconut oil. Soon as I stopped eating the bread the rash went away again. I was thinking that grains didn't impact me negatively but I guess I was wrong. It's just that the impact was subtle.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyStimpson View Post
    SKIN RASH

For at least 10 years I used to have redish dry skin on my ankles inspite of using lubriderm and aloe vera. Using Evening Primrose oil helped a little bit but wasn't a total solution. I started on a regime of 4 tablespoons of raw sunflowers seeds a day and noticed skin improvement on my ankles and all over my body. Then I switched to socks that didn't cover my ankles and noticed even more improvement. I started using a tanning bed for vitamin D and noticed even more improvement although I am not sure this really helped.

A few months after my ankle skin had reached perfection I started seeing that red rash again. That was about 2 weeks ago. Now its gone. In retrospect I think it was because I found this really delicious whole grain bread and has started eating two toasted slices a day of it with coconut oil. Soon as I stopped eating the bread the rash went away again. I was thinking that grains didn't impact me negatively but I guess I was wrong. It's just that the impact was subtle.
    Grains trigger headaches, depression/anger, bloat, and zits in me. Also causes my carpal tunnel to flare up.
    Georgette

10 PUSHUPS

Today I managed to squeak out 10 push-ups. That last time I did this I could only do 5 and that was about 6 months ago. I feel like the workout routine I described near the beginning of this journal is working for me.

Some 20 years ago when I was in my 30s I regularly did 3 sets a 25 pushups daily. Unlike the ones I did today my chest touched the ground instead of my belly LOL.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    PUSHUPS. REALLY? well ok

Some of you have recommended pushups. At first I didn't like this idea but then I thought I could always start with my knees down. My wife thinks that I should do 15 minutes every morning and work up to 1 hour -- and that I should do them before I get out of bed.
    I am wondering Randy - do you mean what I think you mean ??????? cos thats a GREAT way to work out !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I have made three additions to my daily exercise at the office which is nearly empty since we had to layoff so many people.

1) Whenever I get out of my chair I do 3 push-ups against the guest chair (has no wheels and is against the wall).

2) If I am going to the bathroom I use the upstairs bathroom taking 2 steps at a time.

3) If I am waiting at the microwave I plank.

Also since I switched my vitamin D supplement to one without calcium I am no longer having muscle twitching.

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Great that you are already feeling better with the twitching and the moderate exercise sounds like a good idea. I should add some in like that.

Seafood Soup recipe

I am always trying to figure out how to cook a good soup and this time I have a big winner (I have four grand children living with me who say so).

Here is the recipe:

1 bag of mixed seafood bought at Costco. Has muscles, scallops, shrimp and calamari

6 oz piece of sockeye salmon

4 cups of water

4 cups of freshly made celery juice

1 inch piece of ginger (juiced with the celery)

1/2 bunch sliced spinach leaves (looks like seaweed)

1 bunch of scallions (green parts look like seaweed)

1/3 cup dried mushrooms (One grand daughter loves anything with mushrooms)

1 teaspoon of seafood seasoning

6 cloves of garlic

1/2 yellow onion (thinking about using a leek next time)

pepper to taste

absolutely NO SALT

DIRECTIONS

1) Saute the onion, scallions and garlic

2) Put the sauteed food and everything else in a pot and bring to a boil for about 1 minute

3) Simmer on low heat for one or more hours (the longer the better).

4) Add no salt. Using celery juice for broth replaces the need for salt not to mention whatever
    salt comes with the seafood.

RESULTS

The grand kids especially like the muscles. This is a good and bad thing. It's bad when the try and keep the shells and they stink up their bedroom.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    SKIN RASH

Yep, I had psoriasis and ezcema for YEARS - spent so much money trying to get rid of it. After quitting grains it was gone in a couple of DAYS. Wish I'd known about this no-grain thing 40 years ago!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123