Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primals a beach. page

aoife.in.oz is offline Junior Member

Primals a beach.

Hello out there.... echo
    I am now on day 6 of eating strictly(ish) primal..
    As I said in my introductory post I have been flirting with primal for the past 9 months, however in the lead up to christmas (eh will since mid october) it all went out the window. So as of January 2nd (no point trying to start on the 1st with a hangover) I have been a dedicated cave woman!
    Despite giving in to temptation over the weekend and having some choccies and stealing some (read a lot) of my boyfriends fries I have managed to lose 1kg. Score!
    This week could prove to be a bit of a tough one as I am feeling a bit delicate and feminine (catch my drift), but so far to my suprise I actually havent been hungry at all today, didn't eat my nice primal lunch, or the 2 boxes of chocolates my cruel work colleauges have left open litterally within arms reach of me. Funny I havent even thought about them till now...
    So had my dirty fry up (as we would say at home in ireland) this morning of bacon, mushroom and tomato. Planning on having some steak and salad tonight if I am hungry.
    About to leave work and head out for a dip in the ocean and possibly a good walk up the headland if it cools off a bit- it was about 30C today and supposed to be a high of 43C tomorrow- yowza!
    Anyway hoping this forum will keep me in line- I know I am being watched...

Have done my first 24 hour fast.... I am pretty delighted, particularly as it wasn't even planned, I just wasn't hungry at lunch yesterday and I wasn't hungry when I cam home from work (I usually am ravenous). So went out for a good long walk and a dip in the ocean, by the time I got home it was after 8.30 I just decided to keep going till breakfast. It's probably a lot to do with the heat... mind you there has been many a hot day here this summer when I would have eaten the hind leg off a donkey- so eating primally is definitely having an effect.
    Rediscovered the joys of hula-hooping again last night, I was in hawaii many years ago doing WOOFING (willing workers on organic farms) on a fruit farm run by ex-circus performers (yep thats about as hippy as you can get!) anyway there wasn't a whole lot to do in the evenings as there wasn't much electricity, so we used to do a lot of circusey type things, hula hooping and poi being my favourites- after 2 months there my abs were as flat as an iorning board thanks to all the hulaing- so I thought I would resurect my hula hoop last night and give it a go. It is awesome fun, crank up some good tunes and swing them hips, you can seriously feel the burn after about 5mins.
    Stepped on the scales this morning (I said I wasn't going to for a few weeks as it tends to lead to me cheating, if I lose weight I feel like I deserve a treat, and if I gain weight I feel like packing it all in) but anyway stepped on the scales and I have lost 1.8kg (thats 3.9lbs for all you imperial users out there) that is pretty substantial loss in 1 week as I have about 11-13kg (24-28) to lose, I now weight 69.1Kg and I want to get down to about 57.
    Off to crank up the air con a bit more- its already 30C here and its only 10am - its going to be a scorcher!

Caffeinated is offline Member
    Aoife. 3.9lbs thats good for a week! How tall are you if you don't mind me asking. haha hula hooping... that is something I have never been able to do. Saw today that Aussieland had their hottest day ever yesterday. That's a crazy thought when i am scraping frost off of my Window every morning in the US. I tend to lose more weight in the summer since I am outside all the time. Do any surfing?

Hey Caffeinated, hows are the sinuses? I am safe a well here in Sydney, altough it was pretty sweaty yesterday- it's down to 21C today- weather changes really fast here. I live by the beach here so I am do a fair bit of surfing. Used to surf back home in Ireland, I have become very aclimatised to the water here and I am not sure if I could go back. I am 5'3, so 69 kgs brings me into the overweight category according to my BMI, I rarely get below 64kgs which is still a bit heavy for me.
    Was still 32C when I was going to bed, needless to say I did not get a good night sleep. Tried to make a bit of a home-made air con, put a cold bowl of water in front of your fan and it adds cool moisture to the air (supposedly), so lots of tossing and turning and waking up to drink water and then pee cause I have drunk so much water. So I was a bit exhausted today at work.
    As far as the primal eating is concerned it is all ticking along nicely, had my usual breakfast of bacon, eggs and mushrooms yesterday and this morning. Lamb sausages and greek salad for lunch, some cherries in the afternoon and greeny curry with onion green beans, brocoli and chicken for dinner. And if I am going to be completely honest here I had 3 chocolates yesterday at work- ah well 80:20… When I was drinking water during the night I was getting a really weird metallic taste, did a bit of a google search and apparently it is one of the signs that you are in ketosis. Pretty stoked about that.

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on the success so far. Don't melt down there!

Cheers Althaur! Bracing myself for Saturday- its forecast to be 37C! It would almost make me want to go to work for the air con, guess I will just have to get the snorkel out and stay submerged for the day! Trying to encourage my boyfriend to get his spear out and catch some fish for a bbq on the wknd.
    Had another very restless night last night, so may need to pin my eyes open today! Was late for work so I didnt have a chance to prepare my breakfast- luckily I had my lunch ready to go the night before, anyway stopped in a cafe on the way to work to get some food and I came so close to having a breakfast sandwich... however this morning I had put on a top I had bought back in november and it actually fitted me better now than it did when I bought it, I was actually lighter on the scales back then, not sure how that works... anyway putting that top on this morning galvanized my resolve, it was just another indication of how well living primally was working for me- so ordered myself the bacon and eggs minus the sandwich and went off to work with a skip in my step!

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Ug. I hate hot weather. Summers in Kandahar are beyond miserable. And back home has high humidity.

I've made a habit of confusing people when I order a sandwich without the "sandwich". LOL When I'm grabbing a quick breakfast while running around back home, the McDonalds employees look like deer in headlights when I ask for an Egg McMuffin with no muffin. It's like a fuse pops right behind their eyes.

Good luck with staying awake today. I am a fan of LARGE coffees.

Another crappy nights sleep, I was attacked by mozzies, too hot then too cold and some visa worries to add to the mix... agh I am going to lose the plot soon! Well try as it might sleep deprivation shall not throw me off the paleo wagon, my very kind boyfriend cooked me bacon, gourmet sausages with tomatos, mushroom and a ripe avocado and served it to me in bed... ah bless, the guy deserves a medal. Had my leftover chicken & veggie green curry packed for lunch today. Lets see how I go on the weekend, hopeflly I can resist the urge of an ice cold beer and not derail my good efforts...

Haven't been out for dinner in the last couple of weeks and I was starting to feel a bit deprived so my boyfriend suggested brazillian- what a f***ing great idea! Its pretty much all meat. Had a fantastic feast of babequed chicken, chorizo sausage and some pork stew- it was delicious and totally primal legit- (well the stew actually came with rice and cassava but I just didn't eat that bit)- had enough leftover so we got them to go for tonights dinner.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Its Sunday evening and I have had a great and primal weekend. Friday nights I went out for Brazilian, had a beer and a capirinha. It felt pretty liberating going out when on a “diet” and not actually worrying about what I was eating.
    It was out again for breakfast Saturday morning, had the most amazing bacon and egg roll minus the roll- hollandaise sauce, chilli sauce and an avo! Yum Yum! It’s no biggie here asking for no bread, Sydney’s northern beaches is pretty health conscious so people don’t really bat an eyelid at it, although my boyfriend couldn’t bring himself to order it, he just left it on the plate.
    It was baking hot so we went for a swim and then later bf went fishing at the lake while I went for a walk around it.
    Heated up our leftovers from the night before for dinner with a glass of fine red wine.
    Today myself and the boyfriend wen for a ride on his motorbike and a hike up to the barrenjoey lighthouse, man it is steep! But it was worth it for the views from the top. By the time we got back down our legs were literally like jelly. It was sizzling hot so had an ice cream on the beach- yeah it’s not very primal, but this has to be a workable lifestyle, I am not going to wear a hair shirt and flagellate myself.
    I tend to do my shopping for the week on Sunday. I make a plan of what I am going to eat for the week and then get the supplies. Have made my lunch for the next couple of days, free range chicken drumstick marinated in Portuguese seasoning and roasted in ghee, served with coleslaw and green salad.
    For dinner I had steak, mushrooms and salad. Have some other yummies planned for the week ahead and hopefully I can resist the call of the choccies! Although I bought myself some lindt 85% dark chocolate- so it’s not all that naughty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast