Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primals a beach. page 2

aoife.in.oz is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It would seem that Mondays are my fast day, it’s not really planned, it just seems to happen that way.
    First good night’s sleep in almost a week so feeling human again! Woke up had breakfast this morning, I couldn’t really finish it (normally I will lick the plate clean literally!). Had my lunch already prepared from the night before so I brought it with me but I already knew I wouldn’t be eating it, it would just have to keep until tomorrow. It’s the first night back to capoeira after the Christmas break, thought it was going to kill me but it seems the idea of a hard workout is worse than the reality. It was actually really fun to be back and seeing all my capoeira buddies and get sweaty and out of breath.
    Hopefully nobody reads this as me gloating but I have to say the weight is literally melting off me, I am now into the 68kg bracket, less than two weeks and close to 2.5kgs down-this is unprecedented for me, normally the scales move painfully slow and then when I think I am getting somewhere jump back up again! I have found that my desire for non-primal things is reducing, when I was in the supermarket over the weekend the smell of fresh bread didn’t really have the same effect on me, haven’t been fantasizing about fries or pasta. The only kryptonite left for me is CHOCOLATE…. Jesus I could eat the stuff until I slip into a sugar induced fit… but I have a plan… bought myself some high quality dark chocolate (85%) the other day and then some almonds today and am going to make myself some chocolate covered almonds as a primal treat sometime later this week.
    Hey did anybody pick up on the above sentence- I went into a shop while fasting and wasn’t like a ravenous beast- I haven’t eaten in almost 15 hours, I have chocolate in my cupboard and I haven’t demolished it- WTFf!

So did a 24 hour fast yesterday, admittedly I did get a bit nibbley mid-afternoon and had a few grapes, I did a bit of a research on MDA and apparently that is the last thing you should eat as the fruit spikes your insulin and then causes more hunger pangs, the recommended fasting ‘snack’ if you can call it that, is the bulletproof coffee- which is basically coffee with either coconut oil or butter- I decided that double cream was far more appetising and would do the job nicely seeing as it is 56% fat with very little lactose, so bought myself some dbl cream on the way home from work and had a bullet proof coffee before skipping off to my capoeira class that evening- it definitely gave me a pep in my step and sated my hunger pangs.
    Was a bit hungry going to bed- not pain in my tummy hungry but I could definitely have a bit of a feed sort of hungry, I was fantasizing about what I was going to cook myself for breakfast the next morning. I settled on scrambled eggs made with some of that double cream I had sitting in the fridge (have to make use of it before it goes off!), bacon and mushrooms, and then drifted off to the land of nod. Woke up before my alarm and was expecting to be wild with hunger but I actually felt fine, went out for a little bit of a surf before my breakfast feast! I was so surprised at the energy I had, normally if I don’t eat for a long period of time (more than 6 hours would have killed me before) my hands would be shaky and I literally wouldn’t be able to think straight- whereas in the past 24 hours I have done an intense capoeira class and gone for a surf without batting an eyelid and I swear I cycled faster than I ever have on my way to work this morning without breaking a sweat. Anyway off to find some blubber to nibble on- this eating fat thing seems to be doing the trick for me!

Yes yes yes, Jesus H tapdancing Christ I have seen the light!
    That’s about how I feel but instead of The Band it is The Fat! All these years I have used my little spray bottle of oil, or replacing oil altogether with water when I was frying things, low fat yogurt, skinless chicken, trimming the fat off a piece of meat, dry roasting veggies, basically taking all the flavour and deliciousness out of every food I possibly could… no wonder I never felt satisfied, no wonder I was loading up on carbs, no wonder I couldn’t go more than 4 hours without a feed, no wonder when I tried to reduce the carbs but didn’t think of increasing fat I failed so miserably- fat is the only thing that leaves you feeling sated. Since ditching the carbs and fuelling up on the most vilified substance known to man I feel happy and satisfied, I am not getting cravings for sweets and snacks every few hours, I just thought that I had zero discipline and will power- No it was just zero knowledge about what to actually feed my body.
    Wow I just feel like grabbing people and shaking them and screaming “have you heard the one true message?” or maybe standing on street corners stating shouting out quotes from The Primal Blueprint so I can get the word out to the carbohydrate heathens…

Argh!!! I hate mosquitos! Jesus I am just irresistible to them, I have tried every remedy known to man, eat marmite, eat garlic, even with 80% DEET on they still chomp on me. So yeah didn’t get the best night sleep last night, but apart from that I am good- em actually really good. I have been feeling very well in all aspects of my being, no real cravings to speak of, appetite is really in control, I generally feel happier in my day to day life (excluding my current visa worries) being primal is having impacts far beyond just fitting into my skinny jeans. My skin feels softer, not just on my face, everywhere, the dry skin on my feet that a thousand pedicures couldn’t quite remove has gone, I feel warmer- I am REALLY sensitive to the cold, I have a condition called Raynaud’s (not anything major or life threatening) but it used to be that even the thought of getting cold would cause my fingers to turn white and numb, now I have been going swimming in the sea every morning and managing to just dive straight in rather than inch myself into the water. I have more energy- I am cycling faster, I find myself skipping up the stairs, I don’t get the 3pm slump that used to have me hanging for a cup of coffee. I am not drinking as much tea- I love tea, love it, and would generally have about 4 large cups a day while at work, yesterday I didn’t even have 1 and I only just realised. I am not drinking as much alcohol, I initially said I was giving up alcohol for the first few weeks, which I kinda did, however I have had a glass with dinner on the odd night, but I can happily leave it at a glass, or even not finish my glass which I never really did before (hopefully nobody is reading this thinking I had some alcohol dependency issues, but I just loved the tasted of wine or anything for that matter and if it was out on the table I would drink it until it was gone. Actually come to think of it my ability to stop when I am full is a recent phenomenon. So yeah primal is working out a treat for me I am happy to announce! And just as a cherry on top my waist is down 4cm, my hips 3cm and my bust 2cm in just over 2 weeks.

Not feeling the may west this morning, had a bit of a lapse this weekend. I didn’t go into work on Friday as the sleep deprivation of the previous few weeks caught up with me and knocked me for 6, spent the whole day sleeping and didn’t eat anything till about 6 that night when I woke up and had a fried breakfast, an entire mango and an unappeasable desire for tim tams- so had to eat 5 of them… whoops! The next day I went flyering with one of the girls from my Capoeira group to do some promotion to try get some new members. Spent the morning wandering around Manly with our flyers then went for breakfast with the beau, it was a pretty primal breakfast so no guilt there, but that evening we went out for dinner at a Mexican and had some very unprimal nibbles, along with beer, tequila, more beer followed by some very bad dancing! Next morning I was on my computer and must have had outlook open when I noticed an email with the subject “Nomination Approval” landing in my inbox, my company is now an approved sponsor and the nomination is an approved job, 2/3 of the way there, just have to wait for the decision on my visa application which should be in this week (keeping everything crossed while I wait on the decision). Boyfriend went out to get us some coffees and hollandaise sauce for breakfast while I cooked. Unfortunately the beau bought that god awful sauce from masterfood that has no resemblance to hollandaise and some apple and rhubarb cakes as a treat- I didn’t have the heart or the will power to resist them! Met up with my friend in the city that afternoon. Went wandering round the rocks markets and then for some drinks at the harbour view and the argyle, 2 bottles of wine and a platter or deep fried and breaded seafood later and we were in a taxi back to manly to go to a gig in the Steyne, many more rum and gingers later we stumbled out and made our way home, playing on the kiddies playground and skinny dipping as we went…. Ah I am not old yet! Bottom line is I am not feeling very well at work today- yes the alcohol is a major factor in that, but more interestingly I noticed all day yesterday that I had the burps and acid indigestion, bloating and I have been running to the bathroom quite a bit this morning, my insides feel poisoned, all the wheat and carbs from the last couple of days are not doing me any favours. Time to detox today, funny the last couple of Mondays I have been happily able to fast- today I am ready to chew off my own hand I am so hungry. Yep going off the rails has set me back in my slim down, but heck it has definitely galvanized my resolve to stick with it- don’t want to be feeling like this too regularly.

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Oh man. I remember days like that when I was first getting in the habit. It'll pass. I think the biggest thing for me to do was remember I can say, "I don't want any of that" when out with friends. My buddies razzed me for a while until I finally told them to stuff it, tubbies. Life happens though. good job on the improvements. Look at it this way. The weekend just gave even more things to improve. Heh heh. Have a great day!

Cheers Althaur. Your right it is just down to training yourself to say no to stuff... to steal a quote from one ireland most famous sons, Oscar Wilde, "I can resist everything except temptation"...
    When I spoke to my immigration case officer she said that she would be making a descision on my visa very shortly so yesterday was spent fretfully checking email accounts every few minutes and oscillating between thinking my visa was in the bag to pulling my hair out with worry. Got to work this morning and first thing to land in my inbox is my approval notification- thank God! A year and a half of hoping and praying and it is finally real. Think the boyfriend was breathing a sigh of relief seeing as he doesn’t have to decide between marrying me or deporting me!
    Off to do some celebrating tonight- bottle of champers is definitely on the cards.
    This gives me such a feeling of stability, now I can start to make some definite plans, invest more in my life here like buying some stuff for my apartment that I was holding off on as I wasn’t sure whether I would be staying or going.
    As for my primal eating, I got back on the wagon first thing Monday. The acid indigestion has now subsided- it was kicking up pretty bad earlier today despite not eating any wheat since Sunday. Had a good fatty breakfast this morning, scrambled eggs made with cream and bacon. Some yogurt and grapes for lunch and a bit of lamb with some lentil dahl ( I know lentils aren’t very primal, but as things go I would say they are on better end of the spectrum).
    Anyway plan to keep my celebrating primal tonight apart from a few glasses of champagne.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12