Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is ONTHEBAYO? page

maranne is offline Senior Member

Question Where is ONTHEBAYO?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OnTheBayo used to be such an active and interesting part of our little community! I have been wondering for a while where he has gone!
    Anybody any news?
    M

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member
    ive been wondering that myself...
    challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

NicoB is offline Senior Member
    Looks under a rock... OTB?

Nope! Just a mid day snack.

I wonder where he's gotten himself off to...

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    I sent him an email...I'll let you know if I find out ;-)

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    He's fine :-)

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Well, well, well. I was perusing the forum to see how many of the "old timers" are posting as I've seen a steady decline of some of my favorite guys/girls. (I go back to June last year and now suddenly am a Junion Member or something.)

Indeed, kuno checked on me and this is what I told her:

"I'm OK, such as it is taking care of Old Mom.

Even before the new MDA format, I was finding less and less substance on the forum. The same questions, the same thoughts. I guess I was part of that last June, although I tried to be informed before I asked a question. To top it off, I think the new format sucks. The topic line is quite truncated, there are far fewer postings on the front page necessitating checking out page two, and the search function is now officially Double Suck. Since I have plenty of ongoing frustrations, I decided to not make the list longer.

I don't know if it's just not hitting the right days, but I've not seen some of the old timers I respect like Serial Sinner and Tarlach, either.

After plateauing at 235-240 since August, I took the plunge and have been zero-carbing for three days now. My motivation came from reading GCBC; he didn't advocate ZC, but reading the science of it all just moved me to get desperate. I think my body was hanging onto calories because I had been on slight starvation, one of the things I learned from GCBC. I noticed episodes of light headedness the first two days, I presume low blood sugar as my body was scrambling for glucose/ketones.....hopefully from fat. I'm also now experiencing no hunger for many, many hours if I'm honest with myself. But that old "eatertainment" or taste bud boredom pops up all the time. So I snack on meat or other animal product, but I think even that is diminishing. But it is a terribly boring diet. Anyone who pretends otherwise has thoroughly brainwashed themselves. "

I still often think of sharing something diet/nutrition/lifestyle related, but then remind myself of reducing frustrations.

Maybe I'll post a few things that peeps might find useful and step away again.

Paul Verizzo, a.k.a On The Bayou

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I'm not crazy about the new format, either, but I'm getting the hang of it. Hell, I just figured out yesterday how to post a new topic.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Miss you OTB, and Tarlach and SS as well--please do let us know how the ZC process goes for you!!!

Hope all is well w/ your mom!

Tarlach is offline Member
    I'm still here. Just keeping a low profile
    The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Glad to see you, OTB. I missed ya!
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast