Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where is ONTHEBAYO? page 2

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member
    glad u r back been missing the old-timers too!
    challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

maranne is offline Senior Member
    I do not feel as welcome and happy here anymore as I used to when I joined last May, but that is the "price" we have to pay when communities grow. I used to be so much more active because it was new, exciting and fresh. With getting used to the principles of the BP and its execution that excitement has diminished a little.

I still enjoy reading about others trails and tribulations and sharing ideas on here.
    With the change in layout, the community had to change with it. I am not sure whether it is good or bad...it just is.

Thanks for getting in touch OTB and just know that you are not forgotten on here...hehe...sounds a bit dramatic...doesn't it? Anyway, I really do like reading your posts and Tarlachs and SerialSinners etc. It would not be the same without you all!

M x

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    I'm new to the forum, but I do keep an eye open for you, Maranne.

Glad you checked on On the Bayou - I was wondering as well.

Shine is offline Member
    OTB, the resident contrarian! You know I say that with the utmost affection, of course, as I was usually arguing in a similar vein. I'm glad to hear that things are good with you.

I lost interest this winter, as well; the consistent recycling of old topics into new threads left little of interest on the front page. Seriously, how many times do we need a thread devoted to constipation? There must be at least twenty or more by now. I haven't been around much, so I don't know if the new FAQs on this format have curbed that at all.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maranne View Post
    I do not feel as welcome and happy here anymore as I used to *snip* but that is the "price" we have to pay when communities grow. I used to be so much more active because it was new, exciting and fresh. With getting used to the principles of the BP and its execution that excitement has diminished a little.

*snip*
    With the change in layout, the community had to change with it. I am not sure whether it is good or bad...it just is.

Thanks for getting in touch OTB and just know that you are not forgotten on here...hehe...sounds a bit dramatic...doesn't it? Anyway, I really do like reading your posts and Tarlachs and SerialSinners etc. It would not be the same without you all!

M x

+1

As has happened before, e.g. to SoG and others, I feel I need to stop reading and writing and just LIVE it. The things I'm doing wrong - I know what they are. The questions I ask are the same, and obviously have no easy answer.
    I feel my path is changing slightly, doors are opening, and I need to be bold and step away from the comfort zone of the LCD screen....

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    on the new format thing

i finally worked out directly under the green forum button theres "new posts" and "today's posts" button which helped me out alot. made it feel more like the old forum.
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

maba is offline Senior Member
    Good to see you here OTB. I hope all is going well with your mom.

I haven't been posting much here other than updating my journal.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Yay to the old-timers! I hope you all know I am there as well, I miss them. Sir Grandma, Serial Sinner, Tarlach... most of the ladies have stayed around too though. I feel like the content is watered-down and i have to seriously sift to get to any good information. Oh well.

Hugs OTB, hope you still get to obtain those free avocados.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    I can understand the distancing. After the honeymoon period (I tend to read a lot more than I post) of being here all the time, I backed off for a while. I think it just happens naturally. I came back because I found during the distancing period I thought I "knew it all" due to getting results... and I plateaued, so figured I'd poke through the archives for some more info I may have missed... and ended up finding a new group of folks posting.... Also, The distancing period made it that much harder to handle all of the nay-sayers in my daily life. Now I quite enjoy posting here, helping to answer the same question over and over again as people did for me when I was new. The civility of this forum is a feat as far as I can tell. Even when you read threads where people are going back and forth with deep seated beliefs, I still don't think of it as a schoolyard brawl (like other forums) and it is entertaining to read. I wish I could have been here for the earlier Primal generation (SoG's time) but I'm glad I'm here now too... it has been a cycle and some of the people I used to enjoy reading have gone, but we pick up new and interesting folk all the time.

I hope you do choose to stick around OTB, I enjoy your input.

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by darienx19 View Post
    I hope you do choose to stick around OTB, I enjoy your input.
    +1

I was wondering where OTB was myself.

As many have stated, yes, I imagine there is a likely ebb and flow to the community, with new members coming and veterans moving on. I like to think that some veterans will stick around for the long haul. All those newbies need help!

Making the switch to the new forum solved many problems, but created a few new ones. It takes a little getting use to. There are more features which makes it a little more complicated than the old forum. That's the tradeoff, I suppose. On the upside, too, we don't have to deal with the Sunday spam session anymore.

The list of new posts like the old forum had is found in this forum, too. Click "What's New?". Then you'll see "New Posts" and "Today's Posts", the distinction being that "New Posts" change based on what you've already looked at, and "Today's Posts" don't.

I agree with darienx19 that this forum still manages to have some of the most civil, friendly and intelligent discussions you'll find in most forum boards. I'm proud of what the community members have made of this space. That said, I have seen some pretty heated debates going on that have nothing to do with health and wellness. I'm all for open discourse, but sometimes I wonder what some of these discussions have to do with living a healthy lifestyle. To each his own...

I'll try to get the wonky post count sorted out and address some of the other issues/concerns you all have with this forum.

Thanks, everyone!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast