Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To coffee or not? page

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member

To coffee or not?

Primal Fuel
    So is drinking coffee worth it? It no longer provides any sort of stimulation for me. Oddly it makes me sleepy almost immediately after drinking it. And I don't particularly like the taste. I don't know if it's making me cranky or reducing the quality of my sleep - nothing to compare to. My reason for drinking it at this point is really just for the health benefits. I'm thinking of quitting. Has anyone quit and felt better? Or do you think the health benefits are worth taking it as medicine.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I don't mean to be glib, but I think the answer to "this thing makes me feel shitty and I don't even like it, should I keep doing it?" is pretty obvious.

The health benefits of coffee can all be found elsewhere, in forms you will probably enjoy more. If you don't like it, stop drinking it.

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    If you don't like it, stop drinking it.
    I agree. Perhaps if you take a break from it, and return to it later, you might enjoy it again.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    In spite of my often professed passion for the brown brew, it appears to be, as of late, making my vision blurry - perhaps by increasing my intraocular pressure. Even if it IS otherwise awesome, I do not want to go blind! So, like you, I'm having to consider giving it up or perhaps greatly reducing intake. Very strong green tea is what I've been drinking for the past few days, with just a random cup of the free coffee here and there, but no more than two a day.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

FatCat is offline Junior Member
    I didn’t occur any side effect like you after drinking coffee, I have used green coffee for 5 years and it gave me marvellous benefits such as reduce fat and activeness.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty much off of the coffee myself these days except for the occasional cup when other family members are drinking it.

On my own, I'm strictly yerba mate and tea these days. There was just something about the way coffee hit me that gave me issues that I don't get from tea and yerba mate.

RandyStimpson is offline Member
    Coffee is a double edge sword, its extremely nutrient dense but comes with caffeine. An 8 oz cup will give you 14% of your daily requirement of Ribiflavin and 12% of vitamin B5 with just 2 calories. Because of this I think one cup a day is a good idea. But if you don't like it don't drink it. Find some other way to get nutrition.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    If you're drinking it without cream or sugar, or without food that would explain why you get jitters and the crash. Yerba mate is new age crap that does nothing, and tea is similar to mate except tastes far better.

Caffeine is good for you
    nihil

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    If you're drinking it without cream or sugar, or without food that would explain why you get jitters and the crash. Yerba mate is new age crap that does nothing, and tea is similar to mate except tastes far better.

Caffeine is good for you
    I was wondering when you were going to come in and defend your ten cup a day habit.

To each their own!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I was wondering when you were going to come in and defend your ten cup a day habit.

To each their own!
    Yeah, to each their own. Yerba mate is nauseating to me though. It tastes bitter as hell even when killing it with sugar, and somehow smells similar to cough medicine.
    nihil

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast