Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about feet... page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Some days I get 5000 steps, some days not. I walk 2-5 miles per day almost every day (in addition to regular activity), and though not in VFFs, I no longer wear a shoe with a lot of support. I have three steps leading down to my living room and I regularly stretch out the backs of my legs/achilles tendon there, barefoot. It's also easy to double that as a light calf strengthener by lowering the ankle below the step and then rising up to tiptoe. Except for giving up the walking/running shoes, I've done most of that on and off for years.

I have "Fred Flintstone feet," (flat feet) and have since I was a young child. Nothing that was the CW of that day helped. Much over 2 or 3 hours of walking (even just strolling in a store), and I usually wish I had my running/walking support shoes with me.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I wear nike Frees, i used to wear VFF, and I will go back to them once I lose back the weight I gained.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Some days I get 5000 steps, some days not. I walk 2-5 miles per day almost every day (in addition to regular activity), and though not in VFFs, I no longer wear a shoe with a lot of support. I have three steps leading down to my living room and I regularly stretch out the backs of my legs/achilles tendon there, barefoot. It's also easy to double that as a light calf strengthener by lowering the ankle below the step and then rising up to tiptoe. Except for giving up the walking/running shoes, I've done most of that on and off for years.

I have "Fred Flintstone feet," (flat feet) and have since I was a young child. Nothing that was the CW of that day helped. Much over 2 or 3 hours of walking (even just strolling in a store), and I usually wish I had my running/walking support shoes with me.
    I too, have flat feet. So bad that the doc I saw for a time said that I could probably use it as a medical exemption from the draft if it was ever reinstated. I actually think a LOT of folks with autism seem to have flat feet (I'm one and I know a lot of 'me as well who all reporti similarly). Talk about odd connections to unrelated issues, eh?

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I now wear VFFs (when I wear shoes) most of the time, I do stand and walk around a lot at work, and the sit/stand workstation for my cube is on order.

I have a fitbit, so I do know what my daily steps are, and I'm not getting enough (though since I got it, I've started doing the stairs for the little awards I get on Fitbit). But, I do try.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Talk about odd connections to unrelated issues, eh?
    I look for those a lot also. I had a brother who died from complications due to muscular dystrophy (some docs said Duchenne, some said no). He also had ADD, and wrote his numbers backwards. Except for flat feet, easy weight gain, and a tendency to be a loner, I've enjoyed very good health (and got my degree in accounting, so no number issues). I have always wondered why the same petrie dish that made both of us produced such different creatures. He was also very creative which must have some left/right brain component that is different from mine as I liked things like math and physics.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I too, have flat feet. So bad that the doc I saw for a time said that I could probably use it as a medical exemption from the draft if it was ever reinstated. I actually think a LOT of folks with autism seem to have flat feet (I'm one and I know a lot of 'me as well who all reporti similarly). Talk about odd connections to unrelated issues, eh?
    Ack, the flat feet, too?! I keep seeing more and more things that line up on this ASD spectrum thing. It's new to me, to be a stereotypical anything. I've always been the weird one, and now I realize I'm a pretty average aspie. It's comforting and unsettling at the same time. Seems a ton of us are also nocturnal as well. So very strange. But it's good to belong somewhere.

OT, but perhaps neanderthals were nocturnal? Just a thought. With a billion "If's" on top.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Oh lord, iTunes just picked out a song on my playlist that has the line:

Soft, softcore
    Take, take of your
    Soft t-shirt
    And those derned sneakers.

LMFAO

Too perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Ack, the flat feet, too?! I keep seeing more and more things that line up on this ASD spectrum thing. It's new to me, to be a stereotypical anything. I've always been the weird one, and now I realize I'm a pretty average aspie. It's comforting and unsettling at the same time. Seems a ton of us are also nocturnal as well. So very strange. But it's good to belong somewhere.

OT, but perhaps neanderthals were nocturnal? Just a thought. With a billion "If's" on top.
    I tend to be the nocturnal type too.

And I've noticed that most of us Aspies have very low muscle tone as well. Seems almost ingrained in Aspie genetics, that one.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Dh and I are talking about getting a standing desk for our office, because it would be nice.
    I switched to a standup desk near a decade ago, I'll never go back. It would be tough to share one with somebody else unless they are similar height or the desk is really adjustable. I've always made mine so they are high enough to force me to standup straight -- best thing I ever did for my posture.

Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    I now wear VFFs (when I wear shoes) most of the time, I do stand and walk around a lot at work, and the sit/stand workstation for my cube is on order.

I have a fitbit, so I do know what my daily steps are, and I'm not getting enough (though since I got it, I've started doing the stairs for the little awards I get on Fitbit). But, I do try.
    I need to get a pair of those at some point, but they're pretty costly!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast