Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's good to drink? page

KevinMcK is offline Junior Member

What's good to drink?

Primal Fuel
    I've been following the Primal Blueprint for nearly a year, and I ended up losing 40 pounds in 5 months. I've had no real problems following it as far as food goes, but when it comes to drinks I'm pretty much hopeless. I love orange juice, apple juice and cranberry juice, but I know that it's essentially just glorified sugar. My problem is that I have nothing to replace them with. I find it difficult to just drink water, and I hate coffee and tea so I'm not sure what other options there are.

Any ideas?
    "A good and wholesome thing is a little harmless fun in this world; it tones a body up and keeps him human and prevents him from souring." - Mark Twain

fresa is offline Member
    Buy a juicer? I don't really recommend getting your calories from juice, but if you are really missing apple juice you can make your own fresh squeezed. Or you could buy one of the small citrus juicers if orange juice will be enough and you don't mind some pulp. Another option is mixing small amounts with juice with seltzer water to get a more diluted, carbonated style drink. It might not be completely primal , but I think if you really miss it and don't overdo the volume then it would be a relatively harmless addition. Those are my ideas, other might have something different.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Uuuuh...

The Health Benefits of Yerba Mate | Mark's Daily Apple

Probably not if you don't like tea or coffee, but you never know!

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    I second the fizzy water. I weaned myself off juice and pop (and chocolate milk) with carbonated water that had splashes of juice in it.

Might look into kombucha if you're feeling adventurous. It's like fermented juice. Really hits the spot for juice drinkers.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasue624 View Post
    I second the fizzy water. I weaned myself off juice and pop (and chocolate milk) with carbonated water that had splashes of juice in it.

Might look into kombucha if you're feeling adventurous. It's like fermented juice. Really hits the spot for juice drinkers.
    Kombucha is fermented tea but it often comes flavored with fruit juices (my favorite is GT's ginger booch). Fizzy water with a squeeze of lime or lemon is good.

Also, there are some interesting teas you may not have tried like rooibos and hibiscus (neither actually from the tea plant). You might want to explore your tea options some more. A good online vendor is The Tea Spot. Also Teavana.

KevinMcK is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Kombucha is fermented tea but it often comes flavored with fruit juices (my favorite is GT's ginger booch). Fizzy water with a squeeze of lime or lemon is good.

Also, there are some interesting teas you may not have tried like rooibos and hibiscus (neither actually from the tea plant). You might want to explore your tea options some more. A good online vendor is The Tea Spot. Also Teavana.
    I doubt I've given all the various "teas" a fair try, but I sincerely dislike the taste of regular tea at least. Never tried rooibos or hibiscus as far as I can remember, however. I'll look into those, and I suppose carbonated water might be nicer than regular water so I'll look into that as well.

Also, I'm not missing the various juices, because I haven't been able to give them up at all lol.
    "A good and wholesome thing is a little harmless fun in this world; it tones a body up and keeps him human and prevents him from souring." - Mark Twain

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    +1 for sparkling water with a splash of juice. Or just buy flavored La Croix, elixir of the gods. Coconut and cran-ras are my faves.

FatCat is offline Junior Member
    So there is only one drink you have to take, it is king coconut water. It doesn’t contain more sugar, carbohydrate and it is free from fat.

RandyStimpson is offline Member
    This is probably not the best suggestion in the world but I like to add a little gatorade to my water because it enhances my thirst. So when filling up a 32 oz bottle of water I include 4 oz of gatorade. That's 32 calories and if I sip on that over a two hour period of time I don't think it will trigger and insulin release.

farmerokbag is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    yeah, it is king coconut water. It doesn’t contain more sugar, carbohydrate and it is free from fat.good info to me,thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast