Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Become a fat burning beast!? page 2

PrimalWolf is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This. SB beat me to it. You might want to check out the blog of Dr Peter Atia called The Eating Academy. He is the one who coined the term "zone of misery".
    Ok thank's will check it out!

PrimalWolf is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    If you don't need to lose any weight, your body burns fat just fine. Why are you asking this question? Is it to help you through the adjustment period? It may have more to do with adjusting to not eating shit than carbohydrates. What's your main source of carbohydrates right now?
    I am asking because I am feeling rough and on this forum people attribute this adjustment period to adapting to low carb way of eating. Although marks carb curv says 100-150g per day is fine for maintenance, I was unclear whether this would allow for transition to mainly fat burning. I used to eat about 80% so my body is used to glucose for energy.

My main source of carbs atm are fruit, veg (carrots, onions, broccoli etc.), sweet potatoes, and occasional rice.

josonalico is offline Junior Member
    I think that is low-enough to be a fat-burner

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    How long have you been feeling rough? And out of the foods you listed, what do you eat the greatest proportion of for your carbohydrates? Fruit and potatoes are going to give you far more usable glucose than broccoli, carrots and onions. I think it's either a matter of not enough glucose or not enough of an adjustment period, but you did say you've been at this for groking ages.

If you're a heavy meat eater, a diet high in fat and protein and low glycemic vegetables can be a recipe for misery for a lot of people. Chances are you'd probably feel better with the new fab ketosis where you lower your protein and basically live on dairy, but that's something you have to have the taste for.

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    More salt and also you might want to go even lower carb temporarily, to really switch on the adaptation. You are sort of in what is called the "zone of misery", too low carb to feel good and too high to achieve adaptation.
    She speaks with wisdom, you must listen.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12