This has dairy so that may be a non-starter for some you. Here is something I came up with after looking at a few different recipes that was very good:
1. Get 1 lb of small portabellos/crimini mushrooms.
2. Cut off the stems and reserve.
3. On cookie pan, roast mushrooms in 375 degree oven for about 8 minutes on each side. This gets the liquid out.
3. Saute 1 shallot in 2 tblspns butter along with the chopped reserve stems for 2 - 3 minutes in a sauce pan.
4. Add three ounces of chopped proscuitto and stir
5. Add 3 tablspn of dry sherry and reduce to just a small amount of liquid
6. Add 1/4 cup of cream.
7. Add 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
8. Add 2 tblspns of fresh parsley.
9. Salt and pepper to taste.
10. Put sauce on mushrooms with gills up, heat under broiler for 1 - 2 minutes (until bubbly) and serve.
Last edited by msojka; 01-22-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Lovely ... try this over a nice firm fish, like Haddock or Tilapia! Damn good!
The wife and I cooked this recipe again last weekend except substituted a medium onion and 2 cloves of garlic for the shallot. We did not use all the sauce on the mushrooms so a couple days later we pan grilled boneless chicken breasts and put the sauce over them. Very delicious and quick since all I had to do was cook the chicken that night.
Tags for this Thread