Thread: Curly Kale, Bacon and page

Nigel is offline Senior Member

Curly Kale, Bacon and

Primal Fuel
    My wife is poorly at present and so I cooked something a little primal.

Put a dab of coconut oil in a frying pan, chop a slack handful of curly kale and chuck in the pan. Turn the heat on. Chop bacon (I did four slices) and put in with the kale. Chop and onion and pop that in too. I then cut up about 3/4oz of mushrooms and put them in when the other stuff was going well. Lastly I shook in a few dollops of sweet chilli sauce. I regularly stirred right from the start to mix the flavours.

It was really tasty, not that I was surprised as it had bacon in. I washed it down with a couple of glasses of red wine. Thoroughly enjoyed it and thought I would share my pleasure with you all.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Sounds tasty... I cook collards much the same way, but I also add a little chicken broth to help steam the veggies.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I have done something similar for dinner but add chicken thighs and no chili sauce.
    The combination of curly kale and bacon is so versatile!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    The combination of curly kale and bacon is so versatile!
    TBH, any combination with bacon in it likely to be good! Well, apart from perhaps christmas pudding, oh, and christmas cake, and trifle.......
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.