Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fluffy scrambled eggs page 2

jtrain_36 is offline Member
    I'm avoiding all dairy as it tends not to agree with me, however it is very possible that I overcooked the eggs at first as they started to form up almost like an omelette would

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrain_36 View Post
    I'm avoiding all dairy as it tends not to agree with me, however it is very possible that I overcooked the eggs at first as they started to form up almost like an omelette would
    Coconut cream also works for a non-dairy alternative.

Juliemama is offline Senior Member
    Remember that the "scrambling" of the eggs gets done in the bowl, not the pan. Give the eggs a good scramble beforehand, then cook over medium heat, only lifting/stirring lightly with the spatula to ensure even cooking. They will be fluffy and velvety!

Cavecloth is offline Junior Member
    I also cook my eggs in bacon grease and use a small amount of cream as well. But, I think whisking the eggs enough, to incorporate air into the eggs, is the biggest factor. I whisk them for about 30 seconds and while whisking, I'm careful to bring the whisk out of the mixture and right back in to incorporate enough air into the eggs.

I hope that helps

sqidmark is offline Member
    I whisk in a healthy dose of coconut milk.

lorih is offline Junior Member
    Very, very low heat.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Goose eggs, I have never seen such fluffy scrambled eggs and were they ever good. best eggs ever. No need for anything but salt.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I don't add any water or dairy. Just whisk the eggs, pour all but a couple of tablespoons into a greased pan on medium low heat -I use butter but you could use anything you like. As the edges start to cook and firm up, use a fork to pull in the cooked edges to the center, then swirl the pan around to distribute evenly the liquid - continue until you have a soft mass of cooked egg, then add the remaining two reserved tablespoons of egg and stir the mixture around. I got that from a Julia Child cookbook - she called that last step with the reserved two tablespoons of of egg "creaming the scramble". Always works great for me.

jtrain_36 is offline Member
    Who knew there were so many ways to cook simple scrambled eggs!

I'll have to try to get more air into the eggs as I'm scrambling them, only thing I think I could have done wrong

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Also, might have to take a look into the goose eggs too...

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Melted ghee works well too, whisked in.
    Generally people who can't handle dairy, can handle ghee since the milk solids are removed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast