Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Why do so many folks not Vaccinate their kids? page 8

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I am surprised at the extent to which the vaccine regimen has grown since I was a child. I had to pull my own records not so long ago and I consider that I was fully protected with far fewer shots 50 odd years ago. I think there has been a great deal of fear based overreach against essentially the same threats extant at that time. Smallpox excepted.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I agree on the "that which mimics autism" idea.

Diet can have a SIGNIFICANT effect on how the brain functions. Not enough omega-3, too much omega-6, constant, sky-high insulin levels, nutrient difficiencies... These can ALL have an impact on how the brain functions. So too can the amount of physical activity that people are getting. And these days, with people eating diets that are the nutritional equivalent of slow suicide while sitting on their asses all day is NOT conducive to a healthy and normal functioning brain. I could easily see the brains of people living lives like this being at a greater risk for replicating certain "autism-like" symptoms. This starts when the bad diets are introduced, so even from a very young age as we are seeing. This could partly explain why "autism" diagnoses would see a rise. And if their brain is now replicating several basic symptoms of the syndrome, then they may as well be assumed to have it. Call it "dietairily and lifestyle-influenced autism."

But there most DEFINATELY is a genetic link to autism. There are families that have histories of autism in them that go back many generations, to before the advent of the moder western diet (and vaccines since we're discussing that). In addition, there are statistics that CONTINUALLY prove that males are more likely to be diagnosed as on the autistic spectrum. It's not as if there are no females have autism, but if autism were ALL related to dietary, lifestyle, and other related factors, you would expect to see roughly equal amounts of males and females on the spectrum. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Males seem to be more likely to posses the gene that predisposes them to the risk of developing autism.
    Estrogens are known to have neuroprotective effects on the brain, so this is one theory as to why symptoms of Autism might be more prevalent in boys. Specifically with mercury, testosterone actually exacerbates toxicity where estrogen is protective (not saying one bit that mercury is all that causes autistic symptoms). Apparently, increases in mood disorders (juvenile bipolar, for one) have been seen more in girls. I can't remember where I read that.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    But there most DEFINATELY is a genetic link to autism. There are families that have histories of autism in them that go back many generations, to before the advent of the moder western diet (and vaccines since we're discussing that). In addition, there are statistics that CONTINUALLY prove that males are more likely to be diagnosed as on the autistic spectrum. It's not as if there are no females have autism, but if autism were ALL related to dietary, lifestyle, and other related factors, you would expect to see roughly equal amounts of males and females on the spectrum. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Males seem to be more likely to posses the gene that predisposes them to the risk of developing autism.
    Estrogens are known to have neuroprotective effects on the brain, so this is one theory as to why symptoms of Autism might be more prevalent in boys. Specifically with mercury, testosterone actually exacerbates toxicity where estrogen is protective (not saying one bit that mercury is all that causes autistic symptoms). Apparently, increases in mood disorders (juvenile bipolar, for one) have been seen more in girls. I can't remember where I read that.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678