Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal journal-Jeri page

Jeri is offline Member

Primal journal-Jeri

Shop Now
    My husband and I started living the primal blueprint lifestyle 8/3/12, by the end of October he had lost over 30 lbs and I had lost about 16. We loved it, unfortunately we slipped of the wagon and have gain most of it back. We restated it on 1/2/13. We are taking it slow but after just a few days he states he already feels better and I have already lost 3 lbs. I know it is water but that is ok. The hard part for us will be to become more active, we both are couch potatoes, and the moving more may not really start to much until warmer weather breaks. We both love being outside, but I HATE cold weather. So starting with getting the eating back on track then we will add on to that. Wish me luck My starting weight this time is 126 and I am 5'1". My husband is 6' and weighs about 230. I had been down to 116 and felt great. I just want to feel great again. Today I ate an orange for breakfast, I skipped lunch then for dinner I had bottom round roast, green beans and 1/2 of a potato, I know the potato should have not made it onto my plate but I did make them for my son and 1/2 of one is much better than I used to do when I would eat about 1-1/2 to 2. They are my favorite when cooked with a roast. I have also had some dark chocolate, 4 squares which is a serving size on the package and it was 85%. $ days under my belt this round.

Jeri is offline Member
    Well, it has only been 6 days mostly following the primal blueprint way of eating and I have already lost 5.2 lbs. I'm not really worried so much about losing weight as I am just feeling better and more fit. I have had, for the past 2 days, a headache and sore throat and today my ears hurt, I'm sure this is referred pain from my sore throat. I would say that maybe these are symptoms of carb flu except that my husband was sick last week with the same type of symptoms and that was before we restarted eating this way. I probably have not ate enough for the past 2 days due to this but I just haven't felt like eating. I still haven't started doing much in the way of exercise as of yet but I will eventually.

Roxy is offline Junior Member
    I hope you feel better and best of luck. You and your husband did it once, so I'm sure you will able to pull it off again. Take care!
    Roxy -- 41/4'10/102 F -- Yes, I'm a Computer Nerd and a Flamenco & Bellydancer!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74655-2.html
    Free Water Coach helps keep my water daily goal in check!
    http://facebook.com/roxyraqs (fun)

Jeri is offline Member
    Thank you Roxy

Jeri is offline Member
    Feeling much better now, had several rough days. I did not really watch what I ate this past week due to feeling so bad, but this week I will be back at it, I am also going to clean out my pantry today so it will be easier. My fridge is pretty much cleared of things already. Not sure what will be for dinner tonight, I'll look in the freezer while I am in there. I will post what I ate today this evening.

Jeri is offline Member
    I have been back to eating primal for about 6 weeks, I have not been doing as good as I did the first times I did it back in September, but then I fell off the wagon. I would say I'm probably about 75%, I would say better than that but I'm not sure what the hospital I work for uses for oils and I eat lunch there 4 days a week. I try to get good meats and plenty of vegies. I was proud of myself today they had some Valentines day deserts that looked very yummy but I passed them up without a problem. After lunch I went back to my office and ate 2 squares of 85% dark chocolate. I will admit to having pizza tonight but it was a very thin crust, not the best choice I know but what can I say. I do like to have 2-3 beers in the evenings too but I drink the Bud Select 55, they only have 4 grams of carbs and my husband says it is expensive water. I am working on drinking less of them slowly over the next month.

I typically do not eat breakfast. If I do it is a handful of mixed nuts or a couple of squares of 85% dark chocolate. for lunch today I have a grilled chicken breast and broccoli. Usually dinner is much better quality than it was tonight.

last weekend my family was inn from out of town, my sister wanted to get Mexican food for dinner so I got a monster burrito without the tortilla with a salad, no rice or beans. The next night we had steak and broccoli at our favorite steak place and I skipped the bread they brought out. I also had them double my broccoli instead of a potato. A few weeks ago I was asking the manager of Buffalo Wild Wings what they used to fry their wings, he told me a mix of tallow and vegetable oil, so we won't be going there anymore, or at least very rarely.

So I know I have a way to go, nut I do feel like I am recognizing where my weak points are and I am working on them. On another note, my last doctors appointment showed my cholesterol levels as being high. Total 265, LDL 170, HDL 70 and Trigs 126. I read Griff's post on cholesterol and how doctors only look at the numbers. I used the Iranian equations he talked about and I calculated my Levels are as follows: Total/HDL 3.79, ideal 5 or below, Trig/HDL 1.8, ideal is 2 or below, LDL/HDL 2.43 with the ideal level being 4.3 or below. So this is good for me. I am now wanting to speak with my doctor who put me on a statin about stopping it. I know the longer I follow the WOE and the better I get at it, the better my numbers will be. The Statin and my thyroid meds are my only prescriptions and I would like to not have to take them eventually. Time will tell I guess.

Jeri is offline Member
    Ate pretty good today, breakfast was just water, lunch was a BAS without dressing, I don't like them nor do I like oil and vinegar, I also has a grilled chicken breast. Of course eating that at the hospital I work for means if was skinless and boneless. Dinner was beef pot roast, a small boiled potato with kerry gold butter and broccoli with more butter. I have had 2 bud select 55's which I probably should have skipped but not too bad. Oh, also I had 2 squares of lindt 85% dark chocolate. I keep bouncing betwwen 122 and 123, which isn't to bad for my height of 5'1". Today while reading on the forums I ready about bodyrock, I may start doing this 2-4 days a week. I really just need to see some warmer weather so I can get outdoors more. I love being outdoors.

Jeri is offline Member
    It has been rough trying to get back on the PB wagon. Not sure why but I did well yesterday. I had:
    Breakfast- 2 squares of 85% dark chocolate
    Lunch - 10 oz of grilled salmon
    2 cups of steamed broccoli
    Dinner - 3 scrambled in, scrambled in Kerry Gold butter with 2 sausage patties crumbled in, 1 Tbs onion and some mozzarella cheese and 3 strips of bacon. I did have 5 beers throughout the day, one bud light and the others were bud select 55's. I know that isn't exactly primal but the rest wasn't bad.

I am trying very hard to stay on track and my husband is trying harder too. We went to BJ's (like Costco) and bought a whole rib eye and a whole pork loin and we already have plenty of chicken in the freezer. I put them all in food saver bags and vacuum seal them. Tis way I can freeze them and they taste as good out of the freezer as they would had they never been frozen. I am going to try to work on a menu today for the coming week so we can stay on track better. Now if spring will just get here I can get outside more to get some good ol' sunshine and some walking in that is not what I normally get with my job. I will try to post on here daily what I have eaten and my exercise. Yesterday I only got the walking we did while out shopping.

Jeri is offline Member
    Well today was another good day for me, I had blackberries for breakfast, I didn't eat lunch and for dinner we grilled some of the rib eye's we bought yesterday and I had one about 16 oz and about 1 cup of broccoli and about 1 tbs of Kerry gold butter, also I had 4 squares of 85% dark chocolate. I have had 5 bud select 55's again. I also cleaned my bedroom, we have a computer desk in there we no longer use and it was getting piled up with a bunch of stuff, and I probably spent 1 hour going through that, I made about 4 trios upstairs to take things I did not want to toss. Not a lot of exercise but something since we were up very late last night. I will check back in tomorrow.

Jeri is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Did well again today, fasted through breakfast, lunch at the hospital cafeteria was full of either bad selections or things I just didn't want, so I had a cup of fresh pineapple. Dinner was 7oz grilled salmon, 2 cups of steamed broccoli and 2 bud lights. I have also had 8 cups of water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast