Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: So I'm going to do this "not washing hair" thing. What's in store?! page 7

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Home-made honey-wax hair removal works well for me now.

There is no waste with the way that I do it. I have a bamboo spreader (it's a cheese knife, technically) for the body sugar, some old cotton t-shirt strips for the pulling (works like waxing), and I use a simple jar (old coconut oil jar). Everything is wash-and-reuse.

I used to shave, but I was always missing things. This method seems much easier for me to get everything. And, it doesn't cause bumps at the bikini line.
    Recipe? Please? My home-made sugar wax always turns out VERY solid.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I use coconut oil as a moisturizer.
    +1. Love it. I havve thought of adding some essential oils just for smell...
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My conditioner is all natural and two of the main ingredients are coconut milk and eggs.
    Ok. If my wife used coconut milk and eggs in her hair, she would be fighting me off with a stick. It's bad enough the few times she's tried coconut oil as a moisturizer. She was like one big lollypop! Sadly, she doesn't do that anymore.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Day 9 (I think?) and hair is looking a bit dull but not greasy. I tried Zoe's nettle rinse last night and it seemed to work well except that I didnt strain the nettle tea before applying it to my head... dull locks and green dandruff is apparently my new look!

Quote Originally Posted by Althaur View Post
    Ok. If my wife used coconut milk and eggs in her hair, she would be fighting me off with a stick. It's bad enough the few times she's tried coconut oil as a moisturizer. She was like one big lollypop! Sadly, she doesn't do that anymore.
    Lol.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Paleobird Guest
    If you were my SO, I would be slathering on the CO.

As it is my dog thinks I'm a lollypop. Oh well.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    You are thinking of this all wrong. YOU need to be slathering HER up with the coco-goodness while you treat her to a nice, relaxing massage... you do do that for her from time to time, don't you?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Day 7 or 8...Almost washed last night but hanging in there. It is not that bad just kinda oily on the top and dull looking. Will the dull part change? And it is continuing to fall out, seems like more! Has anyone had that experience?

As it is my dog thinks I'm a lollypop. Oh well.
    My nephew's dog does the same thing. Drive me nuts
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I thought I posted in here already! It's gone?! Oh, well. Just saying I've been pooless for a few months now and it's great. I have well water and don't yet know the exact hardness and other parameters - but it is apparently rather soft. I have almost no dandruff anymore, especially when I have to guts to do a cold rinse at the end.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Day 7 or 8...Almost washed last night but hanging in there. It is not that bad just kinda oily on the top and dull looking. Will the dull part change? And it is continuing to fall out, seems like more! Has anyone had that experience?
    I can't relate to the hair falling out (mine stopped when I gave up wheat. What's your diet like?) but I can relate to the "hanging in there". I think I'm on day 12. Hair still looks dull, and bizarrely, I've started having shampoo-hair-washing dreams..!

If it doesnt look better after three weeks I may have to cave...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    I only wash my hair max once a month in a natural shampoo (have done that for a year now) and I love all the time it saves me and how nice my hair looks and behaves and it doesn't get static anymore. I never ever liked washing hair regularly, especially in the winter.

In the beginning I used a dry shampoo (powder you can buy) to take up the ekstra grease the scalp produced in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Mascara recipe -- But i use cocoa (raw, no stuff in it) instead of activated charcoal or kohl on account of being blond. I also use a syringe (reusable) to fill the bottle, rather than a baggy (which is disposable).
    Thanks for that mascara recipe! I'm going to try that
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast