Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: So I'm going to do this "not washing hair" thing. What's in store?! page 11

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    MG Makeup? Whats makeup? LOL

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    I think hard water would be especially good for hair. I mean, it's natural water, with all the naturally-occuring minerals not stripped out. It's what our hair is supposed to expect water to be like, right?

I grew up with a well, and hence, hard water, but was using shampoo then, of course.
    With baking soda and hard water, it becomes like a soap and just builds up more instead of stripping the dead skin and oils away. Apple Cider Vinegar just clung to my hair. I did this with un-dyed hair initially and never got out of a lanky-oily-clumpy phase, no matter what combination of stuff I tried.

With my dyed hair and hard water, my scalp seems to do okay with water only, but it still builds up after a week or so. The ends of my hair always get a bit brittle. It seems like I can't get the oils down the shaft, no matter how much I brush. Oh well, the color lasts pretty well with these infrequent washings .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    With baking soda and hard water, it becomes like a soap and just builds up more instead of stripping the dead skin and oils away. Apple Cider Vinegar just clung to my hair. I did this with un-dyed hair initially and never got out of a lanky-oily-clumpy phase, no matter what combination of stuff I tried.

With my dyed hair and hard water, my scalp seems to do okay with water only, but it still builds up after a week or so. The ends of my hair always get a bit brittle. It seems like I can't get the oils down the shaft, no matter how much I brush. Oh well, the color lasts pretty well with these infrequent washings .
    NW, my hair is dyed too, and it's not dry or in bad condition but the hair shafts are thin so it can't absorb moisture readily. I know instinctly that the Baking Soda / ACV thing wouldnt work for me cos my hair needs to become more absorbing, not less oily. The egg yolks work brilliantly - they seem to make the hair more dense whilst simultaneously getting rid of the excess sebum! If your hair sounds similar to mine you should give it a shot
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm not sure how the eggs would affect my color (it's purple, avatar is a little out of date), but I will probably try them again. Maybe I'll get cheap eggs just for my hair haha.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'm not sure how the eggs would affect my color (it's purple, avatar is a little out of date), but I will probably try them again. Maybe I'll get cheap eggs just for my hair haha.
    Lol, I just bought cheap eggs today! I'm a former vegan now using battery eggs to wash her hair... The irony

I would imagine that using eggs would affect the colour less than a shampoo, since they're natural... But I'm no expert!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I don't think I could bring myself to buy those eggs at all, not even for my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I don't think I could bring myself to buy those eggs at all, not even for my hair.
    Ha, I know I feel a bit bad...

But I'm not eating them at the moment, so I guess it's balancing out?! And my hair is looking better than it's looked since I was a teenager

- Ray Peat

I am def willing to try eggs in my hair though.
    I guess it does balance out a bit

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    were you drunk and trying to impress the ladies (or gents, however you bend), or were you drunk and showing off?
    nah I just did that in the shower
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    This topic has me wondering... for anyone going the no shampoo or no soap route who has children, do you avoid lathering up the kids too? My brother and his wife are due to have a baby in a few weeks and they are both gravitating more towards primal living all the time, so it'd be neat to share experiences like that with them as their newborn will essentially be a "clean slate" to start with

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast