Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: So I'm going to do this "not washing hair" thing. What's in store?! page 10

Paleobird Guest
    I mixed it up in the blender and then used it just like shampoo. Lathered it up and washed it out.

It rinsed out really cleanly, no greasy residue or anything. I've tried the BS/ACV but it felt like it dried my hair out more than regular shampoo.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    cool thanks, will try egg too

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I smashed an egg over my head once and rubbed it in, I guess it wasn't quite as effective due to this method
    nihil

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I smashed an egg over my head once and rubbed it in, I guess it wasn't quite as effective due to this method
    were you drunk and trying to impress the ladies (or gents, however you bend), or were you drunk and showing off?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    That's the Marsha Brady method, lol.

Interesting, I might try egg & coco cream some time, but it seems like too much effort for me, lol. And I don't think I would benefit from fluffier hair! It's already pretty fluffy!

I tried the OCM (oil cleansing method), too, but I was too lazy. I just stopped washing my face altogether and it's better than ever. But I know it's supposed to be great for removing makeup (if yours doesn't self-remove like mine now does!) and for absorbing excess "grease" from an "oily" complexion (at least until the overproduction from using too much soap stops).
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I used a tiny amount of Dr. Bonner's hemp/peppermint castille soap the other day. Gave it a nice shine. Wondering if an egg will add some shine?

Also, what about coloring? It seems a bit hypocritical to use chemicals to color it when I have quit shampooing to avoid the chemicals but it makes me look tired. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I washed with egg once and it left my hair feeling clean and well-conditioned. It was very smooth, shiney, and clean. It wasn't conditioned in that it felt over-saturated. It was simply not tangled at all. Very nice, but a little bit of a hassle to do very often. Also, you have to keep the water tepid so it doesn't cook the egg!

Castille soap makes my hair too brittle, but I think it would work well blended with something else.

I've also heard that applesauce cleanses well. I think it helps strip the oils & clean the scalp. I think I would only use it occasionally.

Because of the hard water at my apartment, I can't do no-poo. I've tried boiling the water I rinse my hair in, different amounts of baking soda and vinegear etc. It just doesn't work for me right now. I wash my hair with a little SLS/paraben-free shampoo once a week, just focusing on the roots/scalp, to get rid of the build-up. I brush everyday with a boar bristle brush. I use a little color-saving conditioner on the ends as needed (since I bleach/dye my hair unnatural colors), since those get kind of rough occasionally. It seems to work pretty well.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I think hard water would be especially good for hair. I mean, it's natural water, with all the naturally-occuring minerals not stripped out. It's what our hair is supposed to expect water to be like, right?

I grew up with a well, and hence, hard water, but was using shampoo then, of course.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I cannot believe I've been 18 days without shampoo now! And seriously, you would never know. Two nights ago I made a Castor oil hair mask (castor oil plus 1 egg yolk) and slept with it. I washed it out yesterday morning with two eggs yolks and my hair looks amazing! I can't believe how well egg yolk gets rid of grease. Don't see the need to ever use shampoo again!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've only completed week 2 of no shampoo. I rinsed with water last Saturday. It's a little greasy, but not terrible. Just have to remember to brush it out each day to keep away the tangles.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast