Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Juicing Vegetables page 2

Brian Nametko is offline Junior Member
    I think that's a great idea Jessica! I always use my blender to juice our fruit and veggies, especially for breakfast.
    I wrote a great breakfast recipe which is great for vegans or anyone who wants a great nutriet/antioxidant intake:

Breakfast Shake Recipe for Vegans...or Anyone - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Enjoy! Of course this recipe can be entirely tweaked towards your preference.

Cheers!

Brian Nametko

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    Juicing veg is great for a bunch of reasons BUT you do lose the fiber content.
    When i had severe colitis it was my go-to to make sure i was getting high quality micronutrients.
    But way better to make a salad!
    If you are looking to replace a meal, maybe add some melted coconut oil to it. Fat often helps w nutrient transport.

Also, try to drink it as soon as it is juiced or store briefly in a container where there is little air space. Once nutrients are exposed to air they begin losing their nutritional content.

StephanieAgone is offline Junior Member
    If you want an all around flexible machine that will juice most fruits and vegetables, I'd get a masticating juicer. Though they can be a little expensive. You can also look a centrifugal juicers, which are cheaper, but don't juice leafy vegetables or wheat grass well.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    curious about Greek yoghurt in a shake for vegans. about 70 carbs in that shake. for anyone...except diabetiics
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Castle is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nametko View Post
    I think that's a great idea Jessica! I always use my blender to juice our fruit and veggies, especially for breakfast.
    I wrote a great breakfast recipe which is great for vegans or anyone who wants a great nutriet/antioxidant intake:

Breakfast Shake Recipe for Vegans...or Anyone - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Enjoy! Of course this recipe can be entirely tweaked towards your preference.

Cheers!

Brian Nametko
    That ain't vegan.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I prefer smoothies to juicing. However, 'leafy greens' are about the only vegetable I've put in a smoothie.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Bran67don is offline Junior Member
    a concentrated dose of polyunsaturated fat

Happymama is offline Junior Member
    Smoothies are definitely better, skins and all so you get the full benefit of the fruit. I do 3 cups spinach, romaine lettuce, celery, an apple, half a banana and the juice of 1 lemon. Very energizing! I killed my Magic Bullet Blender doing this for afew months so I invested in a Vitamix. You can make soup and even icecream in it so the kids have been having fun with it too.

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    i've always thought that juicing seemed a bit odd, i mean you're throwing away good nutrients there.

ericfriis12 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yes, i agree with you vegetables juices is so good.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast