Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to Fight Cholesterol/Diet CW page 2

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    The only number that went up was my triglycerides, and actually my doctor told me they were too low on my last test and to up my intake of things like nuts and avocado to bump them up.
    I'll have to research this one. I guess the carbs in nuts could increase trigs but I never heard that avocados increase trigs. I would think your doc would suggest eating more refined carbs & sugar if he wants to increase your trigs.

This says avocados will lower trigs, at least under certain conditions:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/44...ceride-levels/

This says nuts lower trigs:

http://minnow.hubpages.com/hub/How-t...ides-naturally
    Last edited by Artbuc; 01-06-2013 at 02:29 AM.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    I'll have to research this one. I guess the carbs in nuts could increase trigs but I never heard that avocados increase trigs. I would think your doc would suggest eating more refined carbs & sugar if he wants to increase your trigs.

This says avocados will lower trigs, at least under certain conditions:

Will Eating Avocado Lower My Triglyceride Levels? | LIVESTRONG.COM

This says nuts lower trigs:

Lower triglycerides naturally and easily
    I don't know the answer to that, actually. I just know she said 44 was too low and to eat more healthy fats, which I have focused on. The main thing is that for two tests in a row, about a year apart, the numbers are looking good. I'm going to continue to eat primally and then test again in about 6 months, but I have every expectation that things will continue to look good.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

LerxstFan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I don't know the answer to that, actually. I just know she said 44 was too low and to eat more healthy fats, which I have focused on. The main thing is that for two tests in a row, about a year apart, the numbers are looking good. I'm going to continue to eat primally and then test again in about 6 months, but I have every expectation that things will continue to look good.
    Thanks EagleRiverDee for the encouragement - I know that the ratio and particle size play a huge role in health and it's not neessarily the TC like CW has been saying for so long. I just started going to the gym 2-3 times a week for some 'primal style' lifting and also take walks nearly every day now, so I'm hoping that in conjunction with my improved eating habits my progress will be even better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12