Thread: Hesitant to take medicine for eczema page

MisturrBlake is offline Junior Member

Hesitant to take medicine for eczema

Shop Now
    Hey guys.

Today, my doctor prescribed me trimcinolone acetonide cream and prednisone pills for eczema. I have to take them for five days. I honestly don't feel comfortable taking these although my skin problems have been going on for my whole life. All these primal philosophies taught me to ditch drugs and go the natural route.
    I recently starting eating yogurt and drinking bone broth in addition to removing food I'm allergic in order to heal my gut. Food allergies = damaged intestinal lining = skin problems, right?

I don't know if the cons outweighs the pros when taking these drugs, I guess what I'm trying to say. Really concerned about the side effects for taking them. Should I take the drugs along with the lifestyle change? Or is the lifestyle change the only option I should take?

Nady is online now Senior Member
    I refused to go the *slap a band-aid on the symptoms* route with my eczema. I fasted to clear my system (and my skin) and then added foods back slowly. For me, it's grains~ especially wheat~ that triggers the outbreaks. Only you can decide which route you want to take~ but until you know what triggers your eczema, you're helpless to prevent outbreaks. My vote is lifestyle change over a patch job with meds.