Thread: Safe Ways to Take Hot Food On-The-Go?

Threaded View

Safe Ways to Take Hot Food On-The-Go?

Hey all,

It's been awhile since I've been in here--I've been trying to cut down my screen-time to be closer to Grok's zero... But as winter break winds to an end, I'm looking ahead to the full schedule of school and work that's coming next week. By which I mean, I'm thinking about how to best manage my eating to get through long days.

I need some input on how to transport hot food safely. If I make rice in the morning (yes, I'm eating rice again, it keeps me full like nothing else I've found, it's gluten free, pretty low on the Grain Threat Scale IMO and quite easy on the college student pocketbook) I don't have time to wait for it to cool so I can take it in a Rubbermaid container.

What products do you guys use to take hot food with you to school, work, etc.? I have some giftcards to spend, so price isn't an issue. I'm thinking there has to be some Thermos-type thing, maybe something with a stainless steel lining...? What's worked for you, what hasn't?

Thanks!

EDIT: I should add, I don't care if the food is cold by the time I eat it. I just don't want to eat melted plastic.
    Last edited by 2ndChance; 01-04-2013 at 02:39 PM.