Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: did mark just say corn syrup is "ok" page 2

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I believe he is saying sriracha sauce is okay. If you can put enough sriracha on your food to make the corn syrup in it a problem, you've got an impressive skill. And probably a burning butt, too.
    I would probably eat srirachi even if I found out that goat dung was an ingredient.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    What Mark really said is not to obsess and nitpick on irrelevant details...

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I would probably eat srirachi even if I found out that goat dung was an ingredient.
    Amen. But I think goat dung is primal as long as it comes from grass-fed goats.

Of course, I put it in my pho and on various other Asian dishes that contain rice, so I am clearly not trustworthy when it comes to eating primally anyhow.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Amen. But I think goat dung is primal as long as it comes from grass-fed goats.

Of course, I put it in my pho and on various other Asian dishes that contain rice, so I am clearly not trustworthy when it comes to eating primally anyhow.
    Never tried goat dung. How does it taste?
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I don't know. I keep it in the same "theoretically primal but never ever going on my plate" category as I do brains and human flesh. Yes, some prehistoric human probably ate it, but I'm pretty good with skipping it.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    drinking some alcohol once in awhile is fine. Everyday or a lot at one time can be a problem. The fructose in HFCS or corn syrup is the same as fructose in fruit. There's just more of it by volume.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    i tried it once

tasted like sh-t
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I believe he is saying sriracha sauce is okay. If you can put enough sriracha on your food to make the corn syrup in it a problem, you've got an impressive skill. And probably a burning butt, too.
    nomnom paleo has a sriracha sauce that is paleo/primal.

most of the stuff she makes has a lot more steps than i like to take, but she's got a lot of great ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i tried it once

tasted like sh-t
    I bet it would taste better with sriracha.

Owly's Journal

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Whoa, whoa, WHOA, buddy, hold on just one second! Let's not be irresponsible about this!

You have to make sure that if you're on the Primal Corn Syrup Diet to supplement with plenty of iodine, after all...
    ...and be sure not to forget the POTATOES!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast