Thread: My mind has been blown page

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member

My mind has been blown

Primal Fuel
    I stumbled upon this site while researching the pair of Vibram FiveFingers I am going to purchase later this evening. My mind exploded.

I have been sugar free, though I do use honey instead (sugar makes me lethargic, sluggish and tired) for many years with a diet absent of processed and refined foods. I love meat and nuts and eat a lot of protein (tuna, whey, chicken and beef) to supplement my anaerobic workouts. Snacks consist of seeds, dried fruit and vegetables.

While I do eat complex carbs (grapenuts, pasta) usually it is out of laziness and time commitments. This primal movement (and Mark & his wife's bodies) is enough to motivate me further.

I feel like my personal modus operandi for healthy living has been triumphed by so many other people! It is a hugely motivational to want to go further! And also a great sense of pride to keep me on my track.

side story- I work in a company whose owner is vegan. We have a stocked kitchen with free all-vegan food. twice a week we are catered soups and salds or wraps. (a great benefit no doubt). However a few months after the change to all vegan was annnounced I had lost almost 15 lbs (that I don't really have to lose) and didn't have enough energy to go to the gym after work. My body was lacking in power and when I did have the energy for anarobic I was not getting the protein intake to rebuild my muscles. Essentially I was wasting energy and losing muscle.

I have since reversed the trend. This makes me feel happier knowing there is evidence suggesting I am not alone in my nutritional mores.

26, m Denver,co

JohnOTD is offline Member
    Welcome FastCat! Glad you've decided to join us!
    www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    indeed, welcome!
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com