Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dry hair - tips and tricks, ladies? page 2

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    How to: Avocado Hair Mask Tutorial (Repairing hair mask) - YouTube

maybe food in your hair?

there are several different recipes, some have honey. this is just the first on the search list
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

I second the avocado hair mask idea! I'll sometimes thrown 1/2 an avocado into a blender with 1tbsp each of honey and olive oil. Apply to dry hair, leave for 20 or 30 minutes, and then shampoo and condition as usual. My hair looks and feels GORGEOUS after I do this! Thanks for the link, bloodorchid - I think I'll play with using egg yolk next time I do this.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha the Cat View Post
    - I think I'll play with using egg yolk next time I do this.
    Make sure to use cool water to rinse it out..
    Scrambled eggs are a complete b**** to get out of hair.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Scrambled eggs are a complete b**** to get out of hair.

Thanks for the replies, ladies!

I'm curious if avocado oil would work the same as the blended avocado itself...?

As for the recommend for argan oil, I was using a hair oil with argan in it over the summer/fall and it did wonderful things...I suppose I'll be tracking some more down!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    My hair is so fine that I can't add oil to it as it just weighs it down. I am curious to try the avocado trick though. Have any of you ever tried to use mayo or castor oil to try to regrow hair?
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post

I'm curious if avocado oil would work the same as the blended avocado itself...?
    Ive tried it a few times, its harder to get out of your hair (since its all oil) but does a nice job of conditioning & moisturizing.
    I think I prefer the whole mashed avocado though as I suspect theres more in it that helps your hair than just the oil.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    I have very fine medium-length hair and found that CO is amazing.

I used to have very dry ends. They would get so crunchy and straggly that I would be embarrassed to get a hair cut. The stylist would always say "you need to get trimmed more often!" Yeah, okay, but if I did that my hair would be so short I'd be bald.

I tried lots of leave-in treatments. The worst was the Pantene Pro-V split end remedy stuff. ugh. terrible.

With CO I just put about a teaspoon on my fingers after I towel dry my hair, putting it on from the bottom up just like you do with all those (useless) leave-in creams. I wait a few minutes (brush teeth and dress and stuff) and then comb through with a wide-toothed comb. Then I let it air dry. No more dry ends, and my hair looks super healthy.

I don't use a hair dryer, so that may be why I have success with CO and others don't. Also, if I brush my hair with my boar bristle brush when my hair is dry the CO from the ends mixes with my regular scalp oil, and I turn into a major greaseball. So, I only brush before I go to bed (maybe coating the hair in oil prevents pillow damage) and before I jump in the shower. With the CO I don't get tangles, and my hair is happier without the constant brushing I used to have to do.

So, depending on your regular hair routine, CO could help, but ymmv.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
    I don't use a hair dryer, so that may be why I have success with CO and .
    I never use a hair dryer ether so thats not it.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Don't shampoo too often, use olive, emu, tea tree oils and caffeine.

Seconding the Lush rec as well, they make good products
    nihil

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I follow a lot of the recommendations at the naturally curly website and have really improved the quality of my hair. You may want to do some reading there.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast