Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inflammation - buzz word of the year? page 2

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Yea good question. I only know that when i was at my worst with low carb my CPr was off the charts and now it is low. So at least for me it is a good indicator of how much inflammation i had going on.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Yeah ditto... hence the title of the post. It seems like everyone is talking about inflammation these days, but I find it a bit confusing... and contradictory.

Not all, but some are: Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Blueberries, raw
    "
    IF Positives
    This food contains known anti-inflammatory nutrients, including monounsaturated fat, selenium, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and folate.

IF Negatives
    This food contains known inflammatory nutrients, including arachidonic acid and saturated fat.

Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/help/inflammation#ixzz2H1VV6wPt"

That IF meter is a load of garbage. It doesnt even say exactly why a certain food is inflammatory. I would not go by that to base my diet.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Well, I was kind of referring to two things simultaneously: 1) Lifestyle can create inflammation which can contribute to disease, 2) Once disease is present in a body you would imagine that it would be chronically inflamed in response to that?

Genetic defect, or potentially a sign that the body's immune response was not working?

Yip, this person gets bloods done regularly, and her CPR is always extremely low. In spite of the fact that she has Hashimotos, Pernicious anemia, nerve damage, Arrhythmia and Tachycardia (yes, posting about my mum again ). I'm no expert, but that's some pretty serious stuff, and I would think that with those conditions there should be some inflammation in teh body!

This is why I'm saying - Low CPR is interpreted as a sign of health, but maybe it's not!

Oh, I see this is about your mother. Well its a tough question then. I think the missing link may be the context in which her CRP is low. As in what all the other labs show in conjunction with a low CRP. CRP is only one marker so in and of itself I agree that just low CPR probably cant be interpreted as a sign of health. Have her doctors commented on it at all?

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't think it's a buzzword, I think it's a critical understanding about what causes much of our disease and discomfort.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12