Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Althaur's Primal Warrior Journal. page 4

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Busy, busy, busy! Ack! Well, I have no idea what I ate on Friday. I can't remember. Breakfast was a shake. I know that. Don't remember lunch. Dinner was a horrible ribeye steak and half a sweet potato at the chowhall. I had to drown that sucker in steak sauce. I got in a great leg workout on Friday.

Yesterday was balls to the wall with work. Breakfast was a shake. Lunch was in a meeting. So, the nature of my job dictates I eat whatever I'm served. Sigh. Lunch was two chicken legs, rice, bread, fruit, and Coca Cola. Didn't make me sick (small miracle) but I just didn't quite feel right for a while. Dinner was 3 chicken breasts and a big salad.

No workout yesterday as I didn't have time. Plus my calves were two big knots from leg day on Friday. I'm hoping I can get in a run this afternoon. It's not looking good though. I may have to settle for some quick 500m sprints on the rower instead. Too much to do and the damn day will NOT issue me more than 24 hours.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Geez, Althaur, you will need to invite folks directly to this journal ASAP, or I will need to send some kind of post to the wife about how harmless I am, even though I am the only one on here besides you!

Glad to hear on my "In a Perfect World..." thread that you are doing what you like. Sorry about not being able to omnipotently give the day more hours, but you know what? We would just use them up and wish we had even more. Like Bill Cosby said (at least I think it was him...) "stuff expands to fill house". Same goes for time, I think.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

No worries, Crabs!

Well, my tum-tum wasn't too happy this morning after the crap I had to eat yesterday. Thankfully it passed pretty quickly. Breakfast was a shake again. Lunch was horrible pulled pork and some coleslaw. Ack! Just tasted horrible. Dinner was three chicken legs and thighs, carrots, small portion of mashed potatoes and two red pears.

Finally got some cardio in today as well. Decided to go to the gym and do 2 miles of intervals and 3x500 m intervals on the rower. Followed by ab work.

Not a bad day.

Great googly moogly! I have been remiss in my updates. Don't ask what I've been eating or doing. I can't remember at this point. I know I've been doing well with the eating. Little chocolate here and there. My wife sent me some primal energy bars with raspberries. Always good to have around for a quick snack.

I've been swamped with trying to get things done on an accelerated timeline. I'm going home early. Just sucks to try completing a month's worth of work in about one week.

At least I'll be able to eat better food pretty soon. My wife already knows I'm having steak my first night home.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Woo-hoodles, going home early!!

Do you ever get reverse culture shock?? I did - I lived for 8 consecutive years in Germany as an adult, and when I came back stateside, I felt like the foreigner myself. I was well and truly lost and dazed and stunned and just everything. Perhaps you don't anymore as this is your umpteenth tour.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234