Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Althaur's Primal Warrior Journal. page 3

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah the joy of Kandahar air!!!

Just got done with a 6 mile run with my 35lbs rucksack. Averaged a 10:36 mile. Think I inhaled about 5 lbs of dirt and sheep shit, but I feel pretty good. I can make mudpies when I cough it all up.

Breakfast was my shake.
    Had some garlic onion and habanero pistachios for a snack.
    Lunch was 3 hamburger patties with onions and swiss cheese with some thousand island dressing. The dressing is crap, but the hamburger patties are so dry an MRE cracker seems like bread pudding in comparison.
    Dinner will be a couple of New York strip steaks and salad as it is grill night here for us boys!!! Woohoo!

Now I need a shower, as I smell like your average afghan sheep herder. Bleh!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Ahhhhh... Sheep. Now I get the references to unsavory smells. Although - my Oma taught me to sleep on top of well-preserved sheep skins in those really cold village German houses, and if you can get one from a good tanner, the saved body eat is awesome and it only lightly smells of lanolin, which I actually like.

I remember when I used to be in the marching band, when a school had that loose black cinder stuff covering the track around the football field - I would blow sooty boogers clear into the next day.

Can't you beat up the cook or something just before hamburger day so you all don't get Sahara-dry beef??? Someone ought to tell that person that the cow done died once - cooking it to death ain't gonna make it any deader.

Nothing much happening at my place... After the distraction of the Christmas season, now I am noticing how short the days are. Blech. At least we get to spend a week at an indoor waterpark at the beginning of February - Kalahari Resort. You ought to look it up - they have some pretty decent indoor water slides. One is literally a ginormous funnel in which a four-man raft can swirl around, just like the Tidy Bowl man, and drop through the bottom into another pool. My kids love it.
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 01-17-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Yesterday's eats up first.

Breakfast - shake
    Snack - one cup of plain yogurt with a table spoon of honey
    Lunch - roat beast, half a sweet potato, roasted veggies
    Dinner - shake since I had a late VTC and didn't want to eat a meal so late.

Workout:

Squats - 6 sets
    Deadlifts - 3 sets
    Seated Calf Press - 3 sets
    Squatting calf raise - 3 sets
    Ab work

Probably should not have driven the manual transmission on leg day. My leg was shaking like crazy trying to hold the clutch in. Thought I was going to pop the clutch while waiting on traffic.

Lost my mind at the gym as well. The first gym had ass-hats using the 2 squat racks for skull-crushers, bench presses and ab work. WTF?! Finally gave up waiting and went to another gym. 4 squat racks there. Had to wait again. 3 of the racks were being used by MEN doing the following; Over head press with 65(!) lbs, Bent over rows with 85(!) lbs and shrugs with 135 lbs. Seriously???? You need a fucking rack for those insanely heavy lifts you couldn't pick up off the ground? I wanted to start throwing 5 lbs plates at people just to make their workouts more beneficial.

I hate military gyms. I have never dealt with more rude, lazy and clueless idiots in my life than at a military gym.

Moderation switch stopped working today. Going to pay for it tomorrow.

Day started out well, had my normal shake for breakfast and a bunch of coffee. Our power was turned off for what would be about 3 hours of work. That meant there was nothing I could do in the office. SO!!!!! Sounds like a perfect excuse for a good workout.

I did an 8 mile ruckmarch with my 35 lbs rucksack. I kept my speed about a 14:30 mile. I decided to do more once I got back to my compound. So, I stopped long enough to change into short, tshirt and throw on my battle-rattle and my rucksack again. 70lbs total without my weapons and helmet. Then I headed out for a 2.25 mile run. Uh, my legs are toast! Apparently my moderation switch shorted out some where about mile 4 on the ruckmarch. LOL Oh well.

Cleaned up, changed and headed out for lunch. Had 2 hamburger patties with swiss cheese and a salad.

Not a bad day.

Been busy banging away on the keyboard today. Sigh. My workout for the day was walking to the latrine and rolling to the coffee pot. My legs aren't too bad considering what I did to them the last 2 days.

Dinner last night was "prime rib", or at least that's what the chow hall called it, half a roasted potato and beets.

Breakfast was my normal shake.
    Lunch was 2 salisbury steaks, 4 fried eggs and two bites of coleslaw and a cup of kiwi yogurt.
    Snacks today, beef jerky and some mixed nuts and raisins.

And, perfect timing. I was down to the last of my vitamins today and my resupply arrived with my Primal Fuel and vitamins.

Whew! Yesterday wasn't my best day. Had some cravings, so I decided to give in just to take care of them. Problem solved and all good today. We'll start with my workout since that went as planned.

Weighted dips - 6 sets
    Flies - 3 sets
    Over head press - 5 sets
    Lateral raises - 2 sets
    Over head cable extensions - 2 sets
    Pressdowns - 2 sets

Breakfast - shake
    Lunch - 3 hamburger patties with swiss cheese and onions
    Snack - Galaxy ice cream bar with almonds and a small Galaxy silk milk chocolate bar.
    Dinner - Sliced pastrami and swiss cheese

Not a great day, but not my worst.

Had my shake for breakfast this morning, but instead of milk, I used coffee and coconut milk with my Primal Fuel and protein powder. Pretty damn good. Like Rocket Fuel. LOL

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hello Althaur!

You will be singularly unimpressed, but I did actually do something exercise-y yday - I humped a wooden fireplace mantel-and-surround up the stairs (main floor to the upstairs) all by my lonesome, without taking any wall out in the process. Got heavy breathing, sweat, and thumpy heart from that one, especially since I actually thought I might not make it up that last stair. But I pretended I was an awesome Grokette in the making and did it anyway.

I saw on another thread that you have a high-schooler kid - any others? I have four, from newly 16 down to almost-10, all girls. Hope your day goes well!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Hi Crab! Good job! Nothing wrong with your exercise coming from plain old work. There are days I look forward to getting outside the wire and doing work as opposed to sitting at a computer. Of course, I prefer to avoid any excitement while I'm outside the wire.

Just one boy here. I'm so glad I don't have a daughter. I would be scared to death!

My day was pretty good. Had good food for lunch and dinner. Not a regular occurence here. Had 3 chicken breasts and cucumber salad for lunch. Dinner was 3 chicken breasts, a hamburger patty, half of a sweet potato and a tomatoe salad. And a little yogurt. HAd some more chocolate today, but I'm not too worried. Also, my wife sent me a jar of Almond butter. It was perfect after my workout. Did a 5.5 mile run with my 35 lbs rucksack, then had about 2 tablespoons afterward.

Also enjoyed a nice little cigar outside tonight with a buddy. Perfect night. The only thing missing was a rum and diet coke.

Breakfast was a shake. Lunch was 3 chicken thigh/legs and some vinegar cole slaw.

Did back and biceps at the gym today. Normal workout.

This is dinner tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PrimalCon New York
    Yesterday sucked. Woke up at 0100 after about 3 hours of sleep. I was physically beat, so I didn't work out at all. Had a shake for breakfast. Almond butter for snack. I had a late lunch of left over steak and salad and skipped dinner. I was in bed asleep by 2000.

I got a good night of rest, so hopefully today is better. Had a shake for breakfast. Plan on hitting the gym today.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast