Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Store bought sauces.... page 2

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Recommend finding where the <anything other than white bread folks> do their shopping. E.g. really good salsa at a Mexican bodega or really good Thai fish sauce at an Asian market.
    Still gotta keep an eye out for the nasties. The International Market near me has some really awesome stuff like goat meat and prickly pears, but it also sells hydrogenated lard and pure MSG as "seasoning."

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    Still gotta keep an eye out for the nasties. The International Market near me has some really awesome stuff like goat meat and prickly pears, but it also sells hydrogenated lard and pure MSG as "seasoning."
    Oh definitely. I still bring the reading glasses everywhere I shop. It's just at a Mexican place you get a whole aisle of salsa choices and at an Asian place you get a whole aisle of soy related sauces so you have a better chance of finding a good one.

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Awesome replies so far! Thx
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    Yellow mustard and some of the fancier ones are usually pretty safe as long as you read the labels.

vtphoenix is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasue624 View Post
    The one I have trouble with is BBQ. Have to stick to dry rub or just go 20% on that one.
    Whole Foods has a wide variety of BBQ sauces, though most wouldn't pass for me, I did find one that is clean and made with natural ingredients, and is damn tasty. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but it comes in a Sweet Bourbon and Maine Apple variety...both an A+ in my book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12