Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti Squash v. Cauliflower: FIGHT!

Hybrid View

Spaghetti Squash v. Cauliflower: FIGHT!

Ok, overly dramatic thread title is overly dramatic! It's really just a quick question.

A few days ago, I tried two new dishes. One involved spaghetti squash as "pasta", one involved mashing cauliflower with butter and salt. Both were delicious. Nothing else I ate that week was new or exciting.

Later that night, something horrible happened in my digestive system. For the good of the community, I will not describe it here; however, it was not unlike a certain key scene from Alien. It didn't leave me dead on the kitchen table, but it did leave me in such a state that death seemed extremely attractive.

I'm sure either the squash or the cauliflower was responsible, and I've been avoiding both of them both ever since, due to PTSD.

Any thoughts on which might have been the culprit? Or might it have been the combination of the two?

It could also have nothing to do with the two new foods and you just picked up a big.

If you eat broccoli and other squash, it very likely has nothing to do with the new vegetables.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    It could also have nothing to do with the two new foods and you just picked up a big.
    If you eat broccoli and other squash, it very likely has nothing to do with the new vegetables.
    This plus you may just have overloaded on the fiber content (kind of like taking a huge dose of metamucil) and your poor digestive system just hit the panic button. It's easy to overdo the quantity on something like that that is new+yummy+supposed to be good for you.

in my opinion, spaghetti squash can do no wrong...and cauliflower is just plain untrustworthy.

but, if you want to figure it out you should probably try each recipe individually, in a smaller amount. it could be neither of them, or you could figure out how evil cauliflower is.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    in my opinion, spaghetti squash can do no wrong...and cauliflower is just plain untrustworthy.
    Yep, untrustworthy and gross. I thank heaven for spaghetti squash.

but, if you want to figure it out you should probably try each recipe individually, in a smaller amount. it could be neither of them, or you could figure out how evil cauliflower is.
    Roast your fresh cauliflower florets into submission in a 400 degree F oven. It comes out all tame and sweet...

I would trust cauliflower with my life.

Spaghetti squash...it's got an attitude.

I get along with both cauliflower and spaghetti squash.

Broccoli, on the other hand, talks smack about my mama and is unwelcome in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    I get along with both cauliflower and spaghetti squash.

Broccoli, on the other hand, talks smack about my mama and is unwelcome in my home.
    for talking badly about broccoli, you must be punished...

...you must go to youtube, find a popular video, and respond to all the comments with mispellings, profanity, or sexual content with "broccoli is king"

for talking badly about broccoli, you must be punished...
    Broccoli started it!