Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spaghetti Squash v. Cauliflower: FIGHT! page 3

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    in my opinion, spaghetti squash can do no wrong...and cauliflower is just plain untrustworthy.
    I would trust cauliflower with my life.

Spaghetti squash...it's got an attitude.

Rewind is offline Member
    I get along with both cauliflower and spaghetti squash.

Broccoli, on the other hand, talks smack about my mama and is unwelcome in my home.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post

Broccoli, on the other hand, talks smack about my mama and is unwelcome in my home.
    for talking badly about broccoli, you must be punished...

...you must go to youtube, find a popular video, and respond to all the comments with mispellings, profanity, or sexual content with "broccoli is king"

Rewind is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    for talking badly about broccoli, you must be punished...
    Broccoli started it!

merryish is offline Senior Member
    Reporting in!

I made spaghetti squash with meat/tomato sauce Friday night, and ate the leftovers Saturday night. No ill effects whatsoever, thank goodness - I love it, and it's cheap, so I plan to make spaghetti squash kind of a staple. \o/

Next I'll try the cauliflower and see how it goes - though I did see there's another anti-cauliflower thread today, so I'm more nervous about that one!

jaci50 is offline Junior Member
    Made this tonight for dinner. Was perfect as I had some spaghetti squash and cauliflower hanging out in the fridge. Even my 14 year old liked it despite an initial protest over squash (and a rebuke bout how I should know she hates squash....). Served it with a baked chicken breast. NO leftovers. I used two slices of applewood smoked bacon diced up instead of the prosciutto (drained most of the fat off) and added about two tablespoons of cream at the end. Sort of made an eggless, pasta free carbonara.

Khaleesi is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by merryish View Post
    I wasn't able to test out the squash theory last night - when I got home, my room mate had dinner waiting on the stove! Some sort of .... thing.... she had concocted out of ground beef, diced tomatoes, and a bit of every vegetable and spice we had in the house. It was lovely, warming, and probably impossible to ever reproduce. I'm calling it goulash, because it looked and tasted like what I think goulash would look and taste like - though I have to admit, I have no idea what goulash is actually made with.

But I'll try out the squash tonight - there's a greater chance of a late Mayan apocalypse than of my roomie cooking two nights in a row.

Purple Leather Couch, I would love to see that recipe, too!

Years ago I owned a restaurant with a hungarian couple. They used to make real hungarian goulash and it was divine. Your post made me laugh cause when i was a kid, every time my mom had fridge clean out, it all went in one pot and was deemed goulash. For years that's all I thought goulash was. To this day, every leftover stew I toss in a slow cooker becomes goulash.

Khaleesi is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post

hahahahaha hilarious

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Your post made me laugh cause when i was a kid, every time my mom had fridge clean out, it all went in one pot and was deemed goulash. For years that's all I thought goulash was.
    Are we siblings? Because this is what my mom did every weekend when I was a kid, and I swear I thought goulash was just "leftovers stew" until I was in college and actually went to Hungary.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123