Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bedtime Snack page

Cwick is offline Junior Member

Bedtime Snack

Shop Now
    I've been primal for about 4 months now (every since i returned from deployment). I am about 97/3 primal to not. I lift weights and sprint, and do so with 0 starches other than sweet potatoes every week or so. The only time I feel reallyyy hungry is about 8pm. I have dinner around 5-6pm.

So what I usually do is mix a cup of FAGE Greek yogurt (plain) with 1 scoop of vanilla whey, cinnamon, and a scoop of almond butter. This is my go-to bedtime snack. I have it about evry 3 days the other days I just blend whey with frozen berries and ice so it has a creamy consistency like yogurt without the dairy.

The only problem with the FAGE is I cannot find full fat greek organic yogurt ANYWHERE. So I go with 2% FAGE.

What are your go-to bedtime snacks and why???

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Yup. HyVee used to carry full fat FAGE. Heard a rumor you can request such things from groceries but I've never done it myself.

I've weaned myself off bedtime snacks... Though I've been known to eat a big supper. Used to do chocolate starting at about 10. Now I grab myself a big bottle of Perrier and sit it next to me all night.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    During the warmer months, I was eating berries and almond milk blended with ice almost every night before bed. Now, depending on my mood, it's either nothing (I think because supper is larger than in summer), or two fried eggs, or 3 oz of a clear distilled spirit.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I don't snack before bedtime, I just have a cup of ginger tea.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Cwick is offline Junior Member
    Yeah the only reason I have to include this meal is because of the high volume of weightlifting/sprinting and the low amount of calories throughout the day. Also great to ignite protein synthesis throughout the night. Also throw in a nice Cabernet or Pinot a few times a week

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I think you're good with the bedtime snack, especially since it's casein-heavy protein. Great for building muscle. I think I actually read a post somewhere--maybe Leangains--about the muscle-building benefits of having casein, like cottage cheese or something, right before bed.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Ice cream with salt
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    I like blending cottage cheese with dark chocolate and frozen berries. Kinda like ice cream.

PrimalMumUK is offline Junior Member
    We've just discovered a great bedtime snack- streaky bacon wrapped around a soft unsulfared dried apricot. So good! We were going to use dates but ran out, so the apricot was a good suprise. Quick to do and just enough .

waytocupok is offline Junior Member
    me too, I don't snack before bedtime, I just have a cup of ginger tea. that right, i will strong, thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast