Thread: Detox page

ez2cy is offline Senior Member

Detox

Primal Fuel
    I watched these guys with their free documentary on food. Was interesting about how CW is poisioning us.

Just got this email about people doing a detox and what is invloved. Seems interesting thing to do after Christmas slip ups and it's only 3 days

3 Day Detox Plan (Friday - Sunday)
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Eh, just do an actual fast to get some real autophagy going on. WAY more cleansing than that diet would ever be.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Yea, I'm fasting as I write, beginning my second day. I just thought it was something people might want to try if they need to eat. ?????

Ana Tane is offline Junior Member
    I was under the impression, maybe wrong here, that there is no way of actually making your Liver and Kidneys detox any quicker than it does anyway. However the best way to assist them it to increase water intake to help flush the toxins away.

Maybe right, maybe wrong, maybe in the middle.
    Ana-Tane = (Cave Man)

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Tane View Post
    I was under the impression, maybe wrong here, that there is no way of actually making your Liver and Kidneys detox any quicker than it does anyway. However the best way to assist them it to increase water intake to help flush the toxins away.

Maybe right, maybe wrong, maybe in the middle.
    You cannot increase the rate at which the liver or kidneys will detox your body. That rate is pretty much constant. However, you can kill off bad cells and increase life span and keep your liver and kidneys healthier long term by utilizing occasional long-term fasting to stimulate autophagy. Autophagy is basically the body killing off bad cells. When there is no energy coming from outside food sources then the body must draw from internal fat stores. Your body then prefers to use these fat stores to first fuel healthy cells. Many of the bad/damaged cells go unfueled as a result, and thus they die off.

This is very detoxing in its own way and can keep your liver and kidneys functioning healthfully. Everything is linked in that way.

RandyStimpson is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    ... you can kill off bad cells and increase life span and keep your liver and kidneys healthier long term by utilizing occasional long-term fasting to stimulate autophagy. Autophagy is basically the body killing off bad cells
    I totally agree. See Fasting cycles retard growth of tumors and sensitize a range of cancer cell types to chemotherapy.

RandyStimpson is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    ... you can kill off bad cells and increase life span and keep your liver and kidneys healthier long term by utilizing occasional long-term fasting to stimulate autophagy. Autophagy is basically the body killing off bad cells
    I totally agree. See Fasting cycles retard growth of tumors and sensitize a range of cancer cell types to chemotherapy.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    "Detox" is ultimate bro science.