Thread: Do you limit light at night? page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Do you limit light at night?

Primal Fuel
    I'm not sure it's true but I read that your body releases more anabolic hormones when the sun sets as long as you keep the light down, it sounds pretty convincing.
    Do you do this, if so, how? Especially if you live with your parents/somebody who is not as interested in health.
    I don't look at screens after 6pm (unless my parents want to watch a movie with me). Do you also limit "yellow lights"?
    Billie trips balls

fifer is offline Senior Member
    I think there are 2 aspects, one is the light level and the other is the spectrum.

Really I think both are important, but perhaps spectrum is more important, I would prefer bright red-orange light in the evening than dim blue.

The most pernicious is light that looks yellow-orange but actually includes strong blue components in its spectrum e.g. from LEDs or fluorescent tubes. So one really good thing you can do is replace light bulbs from modern energy-saving ones to oldfashioned incandescent ones.

Turn out as many lights as you can! I never switch on the light in my bathroom, hallway or kitchen from one day to the next.

I suppose the extreme solution if you can't control or change the lighting is to wear orange tinted goggles at night...

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Is wearing orange tinted goggles at night really that extreme? I do this and find it to be less extreme than replacing my lighting with colored bulbs and overspending on my electric bill by hoarding incandescent bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    I think there are 2 aspects, one is the light level and the other is the spectrum.

Really I think both are important, but perhaps spectrum is more important, I would prefer bright red-orange light in the evening than dim blue.

The most pernicious is light that looks yellow-orange but actually includes strong blue components in its spectrum e.g. from LEDs or fluorescent tubes. So one really good thing you can do is replace light bulbs from modern energy-saving ones to oldfashioned incandescent ones.

Turn out as many lights as you can! I never switch on the light in my bathroom, hallway or kitchen from one day to the next.

I suppose the extreme solution if you can't control or change the lighting is to wear orange tinted goggles at night...
    What are some names of non-blue lights? I've got this philips wake up light which turns out to be halogen. That's blue isn't it?
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    What are some names of non-blue lights? I've got this philips wake up light which turns out to be halogen. That's blue isn't it?
    You want blue for morning/day time. You want to basically imitate the natural light you'd experience throughout the day if you were mostly outside. Just don't use that light to read by after dinner. Use a candle or get some orange glasses if you want to be EXTREME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You want blue for morning/day time. You want to basically imitate the natural light you'd experience throughout the day if you were mostly outside. Just don't use that light to read by after dinner. Use a candle or get some orange glasses if you want to be EXTREME!!!
    Yes I want to be extreme are they expensive? Do you know where I can find those things?
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Yes I want to be extreme are they expensive? Do you know where I can find those things?
    My pair was $5 American on Amazon.com. For perspective, you can buy a bag of potatoes or a gallon of milk for that.

But they get uncomfortable on your nose after a bit. Now I'm using a pair of imitation blublockers. The real ones cost a bit more.

My pair was $5 American on Amazon.com. For perspective, you can buy a bag of potatoes or a gallon of milk for that.

But they get uncomfortable on your nose after a bit. Now I'm using a pair of imitation blublockers. The real ones cost a bit more.
    What's the difference between fake and real ones? Could you send me a link to both? Would be great
    Billie trips balls

According to the advertisement, the big difference is that Zack Galifinakis wore the authentic ones in the movie, The Hangover.

Amazon.com: BluBlocker Sunglasses - Demi Tortoise color. As seen in 'The Hangover' 100% Authentic: Everything Else

Here's an example of a cheaper "fake" pair:

Amazon.com: Blue Blocking Driving Wayfarers Sunglasses Amber Tinted Lens: Shoes

I'm not sure if they work as well or better than orange safety glasses, but I feel like I sleep better when I wear mine all evening.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    According to the advertisement, the big difference is that Zack Galifinakis wore the authentic ones in the movie, The Hangover.

Amazon.com: BluBlocker Sunglasses - Demi Tortoise color. As seen in 'The Hangover' 100% Authentic: Everything Else

Here's an example of a cheaper "fake" pair:

Amazon.com: Blue Blocking Driving Wayfarers Sunglasses Amber Tinted Lens: Shoes

I'm not sure if they work as well or better than orange safety glasses, but I feel like I sleep better when I wear mine all evening.
    I can't order from amazon, I don't have a credit card. I just orderee some glasse that are "made to sleep better".
    Yesterday I went to my room at 7PM and just wrote lyrics at candle light for 3 hours. I actually slept a lot better. But I don't want to be in my room for 3 hours every day, so I really hope these things work
    Billie trips balls