Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Equineaddict- a journey to replace fat with muscle page

Equineaddict- a journey to replace fat with muscle

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone-

I'm starting a journal to publicly state my goals. Here it goes.
    I started 12/29/12, and my goal is to lose 10 pounds by 1/31/13 (would be approx 5 weeks). Maybe a little ambitious, but I am making a goal to stretch for- so even if I don't meet it, I'm working for it and that will push me harder than if it wasn't a stretch goal.

My fantasy: being ripped, a smaller size with more strength. Going to horse shows and looking damn good in those riding breeches. Being able to fit my calves into some tall boots that are either normal or wide (but not EXTRA wide). Wearing a bikini without embarrassment, strutting instead of hiding behind towels and cover ups. A six pack would be awesome, but I am not sure if it's in my genes. I've never seen one in my family.

My start weight: 163.
    Measurements: Waist- 34", Hips- 41", Thigh- 24", Calf- 15". I guess I should start measuring upper arms too.
    I'm planning on measuring and weighing every Saturday morning. (Well, I do weigh obsessively but I won't be posting it as "official" or taking it that seriously. I'm going to only consider the overall trending of the weekly weights and measurements.)

Today's food:
    B- coffee and egg bake (eggs made with butter, heavy cream, lots of spinach, onion & mushrooms, also some cheese dolloped throughout for little islands of yum).
    S- cream cheese/stevia/heavy cream/lemon juice "cheesecake" (yes it is delicious)

That's it so far. Feeling good, energetic, and not hungry. Drinking hot water or green tea through the day (It's winter and it's been snowing!).

TTFN-
    Molly

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Molly,
    I wish you well on your primal journey!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Caffeinated is offline Member
    Hi molly. i just got started too! I made a group so that all of use 2013 starters can stick together. I know you technicalllly started in 2012 but you are welcome to join. Maybe we can all keep ourselves more motivated doing it as a group.

Thanks for the welcomes, Primal Primate (OK, I have two little boys and had to stop myself from calling you "PP"- giggle!) and Caffeinated!

I will go and look for the 2013 group! Thanks for the invite.

Lunch was a salad (iceberg lettuce, red bell peppers, mushrooms and a divine chipotle ranch dressing that is 1 carb per serving), some thin deli sliced ham. Rest of cream cheese treat.

Dinner was 2 pieces of above mentioned egg bake, and 2 oz sharp cheddar.

Snack was one scrambled egg, 2 thin deli slices ham, and 3 think tomato slices all pan fried and well seasoned. Yum. Oh, and a glass of red, red wine.

Very satisfied with today. Delish and filling!

Last night I ended up having another glass of wine, mainly because I found Gay Panda's journal and was having such a good time reading it. I was up too late reading it, and I feel so fortunate to have found it now, and not when Gay Panda first started it. Why? Because I am only on page 15, and I see there are now 500+ pages to read!!! I won't have to wait for posts like everyone who started following when it first started. It's like finding a series of books, (example Sue Grafton) and you get to start at A and she is already at letter V and you have all those books to read before you end up having to wait for the next one. Remember the Harry Potter series? And the torture of waiting for the next book to arrive?

Anyway, I woke up feeling so good, and already feeling thinner. It will be one week tomorrow, when I am supposed to weigh and measure. But I couldn't help myself and I weighed and measured this morning. It was an exciting preview for tomorrow.

I have really been enjoying these forums because of how positive and supportive everyone is. And I watched the vegan vs. paleo youtube videos- is it just me, or are the vegan videos mean & nasty? And the paleo/primal video was nice and didn't trash the vegans. I talked about this with my sister and we came to the conclusion that vegans seem angry. Then we drew some conclusions about why they must be angry. I will refrain from recording it here in case of offending anyone, but a clue is this: maybe it has to do with diet?
    Last edited by equineaddict; 01-04-2013 at 06:40 AM.

Friday!!!!!
    Breakfast: my cream cheese/lemon juice/stevia treat (I had to grab stuff and run), 2 thin deli slices ham (all that is left- eep!). I need to go shopping and am planning on getting a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for lunch. And a leafy green salad.

Dinner is currently still a mystery- but I think I will grill up some Italian sausage, and then grate the zucchini and yellow summer squash that's in my fridge up and saute in butter. I just love putting tons of butter in everything.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    The general consensus around here is that it's malnutrition that makes vegans mean

Welcome! And boy do I hear you about wanting to look good in breeches
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

drssgchic! You must be a fellow rider!

Lunch was a rotisserie chicken, the leg and thigh, and kidney. Yum. Had to add salt though, it was bleeehhhand. Had my salad, also a string cheese. I didn't eat until 2 so I was starving.

After work I went to the acupuncturist for the first time. I have a pinched nerve and haven't slept more than 3 hours straight in a while. I feel better already.

So I nibbled on some chicken, had a glass of wine, and then had a piece of toast. I mitigated this with lots of butter. Then I remembered I weigh and measure tomorrow. Oh well, it will be what it will be. I actually feel I am in a carb deficit so I am not bothered. We make our own bread. Wheat sourdough. Did you all know that sourdough has a lower glycemic index than other breads?

Now I must bundle up and go out to feed the horses, give them fresh water, hay, and muck stalls. They are waiting for me. When I approach, their eyes reflect my headlamp and look like floating glowing orbs.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast