Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Equineaddict- a journey to replace fat with muscle page 6

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I hate it when "official weigh-ins" are up, but as long as the trend is down, one day here or there that's up is no big deal. Particularly when you know it's bloat from a treat or something that's temporary.

That's awesome that you're going to go meet your meat! I think happy critters are more important than certified organic, but that might be because that's the sales pitch I'd have if I was selling it (And, after watching altogether too many documentaries recently- being allowed to walk on the farm is an encouraging sign that the meat is healthy.) How was the trip?
    Yes, I hate it too. And my measurements are the same, not less. I don't know why it is so difficult to keep the long term view sometimes. But I'll keep focusing on how good I feel! And get through it.

The trip was great! We had fun with the pigs. We got to pet & scratch the pigs. They have a lot of room to roam. The animals all looked normal and healthy. They are out on grass, the pigs root and dig, only medical care when needed. Not living in small poop pits. Living not pampered but well.

I think all local organic farm raised is preferable, because they feed only all organic feed, but that is so expensive and as long as they are not feeding tons of store feed this is good enough for me, certainly much better than commercially available. I also prefer this, local farm, over commercial organic (meaning the large more factory types that raise organic meat). Mainly because I don't know if I can trust them not to test the organic requirements as much as possible. The larger the company, the more likely it is that they are doing it for profit more than it is the right thing to do. I have no direct evidence to support this belief, however.

I am so glad it is Saturday! Time to try new recipes!

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Tried a couple of times to post earlier but they got lost somehow. I definitely encourage you to focus on how good you feel! That's what life is about I hope that you have a great weekend! Grok on!
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by equineaddict View Post
    Accounting time for me!
    I did weigh and measure on Saturday, and will post those here.

Weight: 161 (no change)
    Waist: 32 1/2
    Hips: 39
    Thigh: 23 3/4
    Calf: 14 1/2
    Upper arm: 12 1/4
    That was last week. This week:

Weight: 160
    Thigh: 24
    Calf: 14 3/4

Last week, I started working out. I also did some IF. I was expecting to see a change, but maybe it's there and I just can't see it. I had a big change in measurements early on, so maybe this is a readjustment period.

Still feeling good, just need to stay encouraged! Will read success stories.

Trying the cauliflower crust pizza tonight!

Cauliflower crust was still very soft, but the pizza tasted good! Right now I am trying not to let myself be discouraged that I am not seeing changes. I am still feeling great. I still have to add in movement. I am also going to start recording my food so maybe I will see something I need to change.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Your thigh and your calf are both 1/4 inch bigger, while you're down a pound. Therefore, you are building muscle
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by equineaddict View Post

Weight: 160
    Thigh: 24
    Calf: 14 3/4
    Above is last week.
    This week:

Weight: 159
    Measurements: all the same.

Broke the 160 barrier! My weight loss is averaging out to be about a pound a week. Not too bad! The difference now to me is that I am figuring out how to make this my LIFESTYLE and not just lose weight. That will definitely still be a focus, but number one is learning to LIVE primal.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456