Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Equineaddict- a journey to replace fat with muscle page 5

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I usually go the club soda and lemon route, and it does grow on you. As do the funny looks people give you when you tell them what you're drinking

I'm quite sure that any kind of wings are not fried in good oils, so keep that in mind. But if it's an occasional thing, I'm sure it's not a problem.

Honestly, feeling thinner (or fitter/stronger/etc) is probably just as important as BEING that way. I bet you held yourself differently since you felt better, right? I know I do.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I usually go the club soda and lemon route, and it does grow on you. As do the funny looks people give you when you tell them what you're drinking

I'm quite sure that any kind of wings are not fried in good oils, so keep that in mind. But if it's an occasional thing, I'm sure it's not a problem.

Honestly, feeling thinner (or fitter/stronger/etc) is probably just as important as BEING that way. I bet you held yourself differently since you felt better, right? I know I do.
    I have decided I am going to phase out the diet soda. To wean myself off artificial sweeteners, with the exception of Stevia (I need to keep something). And I agree on the oil the wings are fried in! Ugh. Forgot about that- thanks for the reminder.

And YES to the feeling better! It is possibly more important than anything else. Because it all starts in our heads, right?

Accounting time for me!
    I did weigh and measure on Saturday, and will post those here.

Weight: 161 (no change)
    Waist: 32 1/2
    Hips: 39
    Thigh: 23 3/4
    Calf: 14 1/2
    Upper arm: 12 1/4

So, no change in weight but definite shrinkage with inches. It is shocking to me to watch those numbers creep down. I am going through a "how is this working?" "does this really work?" phase, even though, it IS working for me.

But today I went to the gym for the first time in forever, and did Pilates/core stuff- which I think counts as moving slowly and steadily, and some lifting too. It was tough. It was also tough to look in the mirror and see how much tone I had lost from not working out for so long. One step at a time, right?

Anyway, someone pointed out to me that even maintaining weight is great because it is not gaining. I see what they are trying to say, but it's still hard to get my head around it to let myself be motivated by that.

I finally got the book and have started reading it. It's been interesting. I am finding it a harder read than I thought it would be, I'm just having trouble staying focused on it. It's like I have ADD. Sometimes I think I do. I just can't focus on things like I used to.

I just had my first dinner out while attempting primal. I had a salad, plain. Philly cheese steak, no bread. Sweet potatoe fries. Water to drink. So, the worst thing was the fries. I came away feeling unsatisfied, however. I think I am done with fries. Sure, they tasted good, but it's not worth the "still hungry" feeling I have. That is the feeling that would always lead to me overeating. It's amazing how much I can eat, when on SAD, without getting full. I am finding I like feeling satisfied better than I like the taste of certain carb foods.

I am curious to see what the scale will have to say about tonight's dinner!

Don't forget, the title of your journal is turning fat to muscle, not chasing a smaller number on the scale. If you are losing inches but not pounds, then you are getting denser. Muscle is denser than fat, right?

Funny how your food preferences change, isn't it? Helpful, too
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Don't forget, the title of your journal is turning fat to muscle, not chasing a smaller number on the scale. If you are losing inches but not pounds, then you are getting denser. Muscle is denser than fat, right?

Funny how your food preferences change, isn't it? Helpful, too
    Thanks for the reminder drssgchic! LOL. sigh. It's a hard habit to break, though. I sure hope what is happening is the fat leaving, muscle staying & growing.

It is VERY helpful that my food preferences have changed. I am grateful for that. So, so grateful. It takes away the need for "will power"- or at least not so much!

And I weighed myself this am- to see how my body reacted to the fries last night- no change! Happy dance. So I think it is OK as a once-in-a-great-while treat, but since I wasn't satiated, not sure when I will do this again.

It has been a great day! I was weighed and measured and I am the same as last time (3 months ago). But I won't be the same as the next time (in another 3 months).

Quote Originally Posted by equineaddict View Post
    It has been a great day! I was weighed and measured and I am the same as last time (3 months ago). But I won't be the same as the next time (in another 3 months).
    What I didn't add in this post was that I was weighed and measured for a program at work. So in between my first and second appointments, I gained and then lost weight. This time I have a goal to just keep losing from where I am now.

I have been so busy. At work, and at home. I basically am taking one day at a time, attacking one priority at a time. Then in down times I can catch up on things I have let slide. Today I decided to post in my journal again.

However, I have been eating primal- ish. I am excited because tomorrow I am going to visit a farm that raises pigs and beef and set up buying a 1/4 hog or beef. Not certified organic, but all natural and no pesticides or antibiotics. And also not the price tag of certified organic. Grass fed, going to inquire how they are finished.

I ordered a thai curry - made with coconut milk- when I ate it tasted so sweet! Almost too sweet. I was wondering if they put sugar in it, or if that could all be from the coconut milk. I would love to find out. Maybe I should call the restaurant. It was very good, but the sweetness got to be too much.

Today I am supposed to record my progress. I decided I am going to do that tomorrow. I stepped on the scale and it was up 2 pounds. I suspect that my lunch meal on Friday had hidden carbs in it. (It was a Thai salad, and the curry sauce tasted very sweet to me). So I'm going to give myself a break and weigh tomorrow.

I hate it when "official weigh-ins" are up, but as long as the trend is down, one day here or there that's up is no big deal. Particularly when you know it's bloat from a treat or something that's temporary.

That's awesome that you're going to go meet your meat! I think happy critters are more important than certified organic, but that might be because that's the sales pitch I'd have if I was selling it (And, after watching altogether too many documentaries recently- being allowed to walk on the farm is an encouraging sign that the meat is healthy.) How was the trip?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast